Plug and play Coil On plug upgrade - would this interest you?

Liam 589

Hi Ed, very interested in this ignition system. Also want to get my ecu nistuned and a remap from you once my rebuild is finished.

Fusion Ed

Time is my main problem. I've been non stop, and paying customers come before my development! Hopefully this week I can show it running from a stock ecu if I have time to check/finish the code at the weekend.

Time is my main problem. I've been non stop, and paying customers come before my development! Hopefully this week I can show it running from a stock ecu if I have time to check/finish the code at the weekend.
Good effort mate ;) I'll be coming to you soon for a re-map on a Nistune and if these work i'll pay for them too.

red reading

yeah we put the coil packs on my car (the car in ed's vid above) and they work well, so well that at high boost pressure's the car's multiplate clutch slips....lol

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Did you do a dyno run to see if there were any power benefits? (and not just coincidence with the clutch, or were you running lower boost before?)

vpulsar

Could you make this system work on other cars with a dizzy of similar age mate, I currently own a 1990 Saab T16S Aero and you can convert it to a system they call T5 but Abbot racing want something like £1200 for the pleasure but I think basically its very similar to the system you've made for the Pulsar. My Saab has a very similar engine lay out to that of the pulsar so I don't see why not. Your thoughts mate ?.

Rob

red reading

Did you do a dyno run to see if there were any power benefits? (and not just coincidence with the clutch, or were you running lower boost before?)
the car is making more torque due to an exhaust system restrition not allowing more flow at higher revs, its now sitting at 450lbft torque wise on the dyno was 420 ish before, but in the real world of cold roads it will be making more due to better cooling than a dyno.coil packs have a definate gain as the car can run more boost without spark blow out but all that is happening is that the more boost it runs the more torque it makes it was heading to 500lbft before it was capped due to exhaust back pressure.

Fusion Ed

Could you make this system work on other cars with a dizzy of similar age mate, I currently own a 1990 Saab T16S Aero and you can convert it to a system they call T5 but Abbot racing want something like £1200 for the pleasure but I think basically its very similar to the system you've made for the Pulsar. My Saab has a very similar engine lay out to that of the pulsar so I don't see why not. Your thoughts mate ?.

Rob
I'd need to see what the crank signal is like and re-write the code to work with that. I dont have anything to test it with, but if nothing strange is going on, I don't see why not.

vpulsar

I'd need to see what the crank signal is like and re-write the code to work with that. I dont have anything to test it with, but if nothing strange is going on, I don't see why not.

OK mate I'll speak to the forum members to see if anybody local fancies letting you take a look at a T16s to see what you think.

Rob

vpulsar

OK mate I'll speak to the forum members to see if anybody local fancies letting you take a look at a T16s to see what you think.

Rob
Well I've asked if anybody with a similar car lives near Chertsey but have had zero response thus far, But what do you expect really it is a Saab forum populated mainly with piss stained pensioners lol, If I got hold of a spare APC (ECU) would that be of any use to you mate ?.

Rob

vpulsar

Evening Ed I got this responce today it means nothing to me but it might to you lol.

12345 said:
having worked in the industry for many years (but not currently) I am wondering what this solution is going to be. keeping the standard ECU but tweaking a little bit sounds impossible so would be interested to know what the plan is. The Motec gear is very good but does require proper tuning, same as any stand-alone solution. The sensor inside the dissy reads a 4-slot wheel which generates 2 pulses per crank revolution. The sensor can be moved by the vac capsule to adjust timing according to manifold pressure unless you lock it in place which is the standard tweak if using the dissy for engine position information. A different dissy is available from the GM900 which has just 1 slot on the trigger which is perfect for a sync signal for the likes of Motec. Just having a dissy is a bit sucky.

Rob