Please Help!!

P

Pulsar666

I have been swapping my bits over from my old engine onto my new one, got the transfer box on all ok up to this point. I cant get the f e c k i n g gearbox to go on!!! Done alot of swearing! Can anyone help as i think all the splines have to be lined up? How do i do this?? can anyone help???

Thanks,

Martyn

P

Pulsar666

Im guessing so mate, it needs to go on like another inch - 2 inches approx.

P

Pulsar666

Any help would be most appreciated, if any one could give me some ideas before i start on it again tommorow that would be great.

Cheers :D

K

kizzyturbo4x4

well. i now suddently see a picture in my head of myself layin straight out under the car kicking the gearbox into posision with my feet.
:oops: :lol: :lol:

but well.if its just about an inch left its just the splines in the clutch that has to be aligned with the gearbox spline and/or the splines in the transferbox.
a little more kickin and swearing should solve it :wink:
allways a bit tricky but its been like that all the 4 times ive done it.

Tony

Have you got the speed sensor out of the box as this makes it a tiny tiny bit easier!

It normally takes me bout an hour to get the box back on!

You push and twist, rock the engine and swear at it for a bit, jam your finger numerous times and get 2 big bars and to wiggle it about. Have a cup of tea then stare at it for a bit! after another 20-30 min of the above it seems to give up and you hear the heavenly "clunk" as it goes on! then you stand there and call it every name under the sun, check it over and over just to make sure its actually on properly wondering whats went wrong and thinking "that cant be right!!"

Tony....

P

Pulsar666

Cheers people, going to try and have another go now! Wish me luck. :D