Please Help..Clutch fluid Change

LeeSmith

just checked my clutch fliud and it is really really brown like muddy water, somehow I don't think it's quite right....also my clutch seems to have air in the hydraulic system somewhere....

So I am going to change the fluid on Sunday....But as I'm not very mechanically minded I was wondering how I actually change the fluid....

I have done a bit of reading up on it & see that I can use DOT 4 or 5.1 (was going to use 5.1 as it's latest).

I also know about attaching a tube to the bleed valve (on top of gearbox!) and a ickle pot to catch the fluid etc, but can someone talk me throught the rest of the process please???

Thanks in advance!

MarkTurbo

I just opened the bleed screw on the slave cylinder on the gearbox, got someone to keep pushing the clutch pedal up and down, and just kept topping up the reservoir with new fluid as it was being pumped out until new fluid starts coming out the bleed screw :wink:

Then once you're getting new fluid from the bleed screw make sure there is no air bubbles coming out and then tighten it up again.

O

Odin

Come on your takeing the pi55 my 12 year old could do this in about 10 minutes :roll: .

rob

O

Odin

LeeSmith said:
Thank you Mark!!

Rob -
LeeSmith said:
But as I'm not very mechanically minded
:roll:
How machanically minded do you need to be :wink: all you need is your left foot and a 10 or 11mm spanner :lol: Oh and a bit of tube and a pot.

Sorry Lee it wasn't meant to be a nasty post I was and still am just takeing the pi55 :oops: :wink: .

rob

O

Odin

Edd said:
it's 8mm spanner you f4ggot vpulsar :wink: :roll:
Oh well close then :oops: I thought it was the same size as my brake caliper nipple's ooh matron :lol: .

But you get the drift :wink: all you need is one spanner :p .

rob

Ps I thought you where getting dressed :? I thought it would take longer to get in to that circus tent :lol: :lol: :lol: .

E

Edd

vpulsar will you stop spying on me through my bedroom window or i'm going to have to reapply for that restraining order banning you from 100 metres from my house :shock:

LeeSmith

vpulsar said:
Sorry Lee it wasn't meant to be a nasty post I was and still am just takeing the pi55 :oops: :wink: .

rob
that's ok m8, no problem.....

I have never really worked on cars - only Pc's! so a bit of a difference

I didn't know if i had to completly drain the fluid out of the system somehow and then fill it up or just use the bleeding process to change the fluid.

O

Odin

That's ok fella we all have to start somewhere :wink: At least you want to do it yourself 8) . Just keep pumping and filling till the new clear stuff come's out, It would of been a good time to change to one of the braided hoses I'm getting people in the group buy :wink: , But never mind there's allway's next time :D .

rob

MarkTurbo

Edd said:
it's 8mm spanner you f4ggot vpulsar :wink: :roll:
I'll think you'll find its a 10mm spanner you homo :wink: So Rob was right (for a change) :lol:

LeeSmith said:
I have never really worked on cars - only Pc's! so a bit of a difference
Its the other way round with me. No problems working on cars, but when it comes to pc's anything technical and i havent got a clue :?

MarkTurbo

Yep, my sump plug is 12mm :wink:

What about you Edd? As everything else on your car seems to be a different size :lol:

A

ard1ey

LeeSmith said:
I got a 24m sump plug.......everyone else seems to have one half the size.....
Sod finding a spanner to undo that!! You'd need an army just to left the thing, let alone undo it :D :D