Plastic front wings ??

Perrin21

I was wondering if anyone was aware of if these are available? This would be a great way of removing the biggest rust target of the R . Painted they would look identical and they would resist dings. Any ideas?

bracpan

They would not be very difficult to make a mould of. But you would need two perfect steel wings to work from.
Cheers
Phil

Braveheart

I would consider wider front but would need rear as well. Think there would be a larger demand for rear given the rust issues on the OE rear arches.

grim_d

I would be interested in OE style GF front wings, though not anytime soon. Same as OE style GF bonnet, I know flat bonnets are available but they don't interest me.

Would also be willing to loan/donate my bonnet for a mould if necessary, it has a few dings that could easily be filled but otherwise it is straight as far as I know.

vss irvine

dont worry ive got all the panels needed to take moulds from, including the widearches.

its just a matter of checking theres a demand.

making the moulds are time/space and wallet consuming.

but we've got plenty of things in the pipeline this year.....

red reading

I'll have picture's to put up of phil's F/G bonnet (standard shape) and tailgate in a few weeks time,as VSS has said there are alot of things in the pipeline for these cars from us three (me,martin and phil) that will be appearing in the next year if there is the demand as the development is not cheap!

grim_d

Good to hear, I am 100% interested in wings and bonnet, possibly tailgate, just don't flipping sell everything before I get a chance to buy!

Perrin21

Im interested but i would prefer my car to remain standard looking. Don't want wider arches, just the same ones made of a material that looks the same when painted and wont rust.

vss irvine

Im interested but i would prefer my car to remain standard looking. Don't want wider arches, just the same ones made of a material that looks the same when painted and wont rust.
there will be both standard and wide front wings available...

STU666V

Wings sound good :)

Please tell me ASAP if this is going to happen as i am away to get paint made up for the parts i have and the parts i am hoping to have soon :)

Phil does great work, i have his bonnet, diffuser, tailgate and swirlpot box and cant wait to get more from him :) If its going to make my car faster i will have one please? ;-)