plans

projectgtir

have you given weston performance a ring, there not that far from you ,ive heard more good than bad about them .ive not used them myself but phoned them recently for a quote on a engine out clutch job , guy i spoke too seemed honest and in the know about the r.

bopper

I live just next to abbey motorsport my closest tuner but I wouldn't use them. Personally I'd use engine advantages.

sonaGTIR

i know western performance are somewhere in brum,but not heard much about them.Might give them a call.As for brum you get a lot of cowboy young lads that just kill your car.Few years back a mate gave his gtir to some asian lads that just wound the boost up something silly and stuck new injectors in.My mate rallyed it around for i think a month before it went BANG (while he was racing a cossie)He had to do a insurance job on it in the end.

C

Craig04

Engine advantages arent trading any more either.
Theres allways TDi if your feeling flush lol

sonaGTIR

TDi? who and where are they.not really feeling too flush lol spent cash on her and she aint where i want her to be at.I think im going to give pulsarbobby a shout.

C

Craig04

Yeh without question pulsarboby is your best bet.
Im off to see him next week to have a new clutch fitted.

KF79GTIR

No fella he doesnt tune cars but he you get the work done you want you could go to fc tuning on the way back.

C

Craig04

No he doesnt offer a mapping service im afraid mate.
Try the racing line in halifax
Im off down there at the end of the month, have only heard good things.

sonaGTIR

correct me if im wrong then lads,i get get usual mods bov,fmic etc etc put in.He can fit the boost controller in and leave it standard boost.i then go to another tuner who will set it at a low and high boost???
Who fc tuning?they on the way back to coventry from essex?

GTiR-Shaz

i know western performance are somewhere in brum,but not heard much about them.Might give them a call.As for brum you get a lot of cowboy young lads that just kill your car.Few years back a mate gave his gtir to some asian lads that just wound the boost up something silly and stuck new injectors in.My mate rallyed it around for i think a month before it went BANG (while he was racing a cossie)He had to do a insurance job on it in the end.
whether they were black/white/blue doesnt make any difference, :der:also try RJtuning in birmingham, they've always got pulsars and 200sx's in and out, and the owners also got a 200sx running big power himself....

Last edited:

projectgtir

forgot to mention rj tuning, sound bloke . he fitted my am performance elbow and down pipe, removed my aircon, and made me a rear tailpipe from over the subframe for £150.Quoted me around 120 to fit a electronic apexi boost controller £40 to fit fuel pump.He doesnt do clutches though ,well not on pulsars anyway lol.

sonaGTIR

what you on about shaz im asian myself:der:. rj tuning ey lads..ill check out the web site.mapping it right is my biggest worry(aswel as my damn pedal box)I got to get it right

P

pulsarboby

sona....as i said to you on phone 'you dont need car mapped to run a bar of boost' i can fit a boost controller and set that up with high n low setting which is all you need have done, the car with standard ecu is more than capable of running a measly bar boost!

dont believe everything that some of these tuner types will tell you;-)
at the end of the day your a walking pound note sign and they will sell you stuff thats quite frankly not needed, as a lot of them are nothing more than clever salesmen.
what you want done is nothing special so save your money untill you really do need it for something that does need upgrading!
believe me theres always something where money is better spent elsewhere.

GTiR-Shaz

if i were in your position i would go check out RJ, id recommend them all day long,when i took my car there i saw 4/5 nice lookin GTiRs but i also seen that bumble bee piece of shite being traillerd there!:lol::doh: so i think he is very familliar with these cars....

sonaGTIR

lol your probley right bob.most of these tuning guys are out to scam people like me...and the end on the day there are alot of mechanics on this site that do most of the work themselves...i cant.just looking at getting a good job done.

fubar andy...your a right comedian :-D