Plans for your GTIR in 2009?

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
The M400's are 400bhp per ton!

Then there is the handling, aerodynamics, chasis setup, etc etc...

You'd need a serious GTiR to even keep up with an M400 in standard form..

noriek2003

fook all this talk about mondeo powered sports car, lets get back on track..

plans for the gtir :

im going to build another engine :shock: despite not using the first one yet :shock: or any of the parts that were meant for the second one :shock: so i may very well end up using the 3rd engine first....lol

stumo

After going in Stu's recently I can honestly say I laughed harder in a GtiR than a 911 Turbo or a GTR so it gets to live a bit longer. Technically inferior but funnier
8)

Glad you like it Jim :thumbsup:

hope to keep the engine in one piece for long enough...... got another block so might get that done and have another pop at it(it might get a long stroke crank too:roll:)

want to do some trackdays
want to get some wider discs than come with the willwoods
want to get the cooling system
want to get suspension that's much better than Teins(japs haven't a frikkin clue about how to setup shocks)
other stuff that will just pop into my head....

MarkTurbo

My only plan is to keep using my car for track days etc and hope i don't break anything :thumbsup:

I've done 240 miles since getting it back on the road a couple weeks ago and all i've had to do so far is change the oil cooler for a smaller one due to the cold air temperature this time of year 8) I've got money put aside for an engine rebuild next year as i reckon a 130,000 mile old engine cant last forever at 1.5 bar :lol:

want to get some wider discs than come with the willwoods
Just put the standard discs back on then :shock: :lol:

davey red.r

tbh theres no way a gtir could live with one of those on the track, they are a serious bit of kit for not a lot of money.
and there pretty reliable too (so ive heard)
when my cars done 'again':roll::lol: im gonna go on a trackday where one of these babies are and see if i can whoop it but if im honest i think il be eating bits of rubber as it nails past me:lol:

weighs less than gtir
425bhp on rear wheels
2 x t28 turbos
superb handling
baffled sump, oil cooler etc etc
low centre of gravity
nice wide stance
and all that with reliability8)

basically all the things that our little jap monsters arent, so no competition in the real world:lol:
bob id consider a radical if i were you mate,
now theres a track car:thumbsup:

P

pulsarboby

bob id consider a radical if i were you mate,
now theres a track car:thumbsup:

never been a lover of open top car racing tbh davey, always strikes me as a bit hooray henry. if i were gonna take that route then id buy a caterham 500 but not for me, i would look like a tuna trying to fit in a sardine tin:lol::lol:

no i shall stick with the gtir that ive ploughed so much into and fix it again, but i may swap the turbo for a smaller faster spooling unit which is all i really need for the track, maybe a 2871 or disco potato.

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Dare i say it, but actually pick the car up in the next week or so.. :shock:

STU666V

LisaZ

it only failed on the wheel bearings and have a new set in the garage ready to go.
its getting them put on's the prob as its sooooo cold out there at moment to be working on the floor.
im going to do a bit of work on the rusty bits myself this year so hopefully will look a bit better.