pistons (mong question of the month winner)

gtir_pimp

can anyone tell me what bhp standard pulsar pistons can take? was thinking of upgrading when bottom end is repaired if i can afford to do it at the same time as moving house! ive seen sets for as much as £1000! which is too much for me atm. Has anyone got a set, maybe second hand or goin cheap for sale? just looking at my options, cheers ppl:thumbsup:

P

pulsarboby

will possibly have a set next week.
think the max standard pistons can handle is around 380, but even at that fuelling must be spot on, or there gonna suffer from det damage if not!

O

Odin

gtir_pimp said:
Ive seen sets for as much as £1000

No idea where you've been looking matey :shock: :doh: , You can get a good brand new set of forged pistons for as little as £300 from the states ;-) .

And the mong bit is because if you had actually bothered to do a search you would of found the answer to your question, My standard pistons took 400 bhp for over 2 years before the ring lands gave up and died ;-) .

Rob

gtir_pimp

i see! well there were sets on ebay and ppl were sayin things like 'the sets cost £££ brand new with receipts to prove aswell. theres a set on there for £500 atm (forged). Some ppl tellin me porkies about prices then! where did you find the set for £300? also was told that standard pistons wernt very strong and was the pulsars main weekness from a tuning place in aylesbury, and it wouldnt be safe to run over 320bhp!

EVOBAD

if u dont want to go shoping in us the try apex ther a 200sx dealer but sell forge pistons for about 350notes as a freind bought some few years ago the 200sx s14 &gtir run same pistons

Fire & skill

Vintage member
gtir_pimp said:
also was told that standard pistons wernt very strong and was the pulsars main weekness from a tuning place in aylesbury, and it wouldnt be safe to run over 320bhp!
what a load of ****ing pish

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Of if you're really good you can get a complete set of Forged Pistons, Fully coated all for £200...

Rishi

EVOBAD

gtir_pimp said:
just checked there website and theyre doin them for £430
they hav gone up them mate plus who ever said the strd pistons are no good at 320bhp needs to retire ther to old to be in the job 8)

steve963

Rishi,
I see your in Texas
my company owes me 1000 dollars, by the time it get sent and taxed in the UK, ill only have 300 quid odd!?!

can you collect the cash and spend it on mods for me in the US, then send em over to me...

bet i could get forged pistons and rods and a fidanza

its a mad world aint it:der:

O

Odin

Mr GTiR said:
No they don't as 200SX pistons don't have th cut out for the oil squirters that are found in the GTiR block.

Most pistons he buys from the states will need the cut outs machined into them, But its not a hard or an expensive job.

I bought my GTIR specific HKS 87mm pistons for £450 delivered from green line in japan, So I've no bl00dy idea where some people are getting a £1000 from :doh: :der: .

Rob

Mr GTiR

People are just lazy and do not do any research before buying parts. People should know by now that if you buy parts in the UK then your going to get screwed on the price. But saying that there are plenty of people who will pay UK price's :der:

I think the majority of parts on my car/engine have been sourced outside of the UK :thumbsup: