Pipes and Wires I dunno about

CruiseGTi-R

Fitted SSQV BOV and Apexi Power Intake at the weekend, not overly exciting but got rid of my crumbling HKS mushroom and crappy old dump valve. Was actually easier to tear out whole MAF and pipework to fit them.

Anyway in doing so I spotted stuff I either didn’t recognise, didn’t like or looked a bit dodgy.

Whats this thing? Its flapping around loose:

What does this pipe do, I guess a breather of some sort?

The connection beneath the red lead, on mine I found a red wire broken off. I know the last owner had lots a gizmo’s in the car, just not sure if shouldn't be broken :?

What do these vac tubes do (they go to fuel rail?), but not sure why spliced all over the place (I zip tied to battery clamp just to keep em out the way):

Any help with the engine bay items would be great,

Cheers, toby

Last edited:

oldaneal

top one looks like the std boost sensor thats normally bolted on the right hand wing near the battery and air filter

2nd one looks like the idle ajustment bit with the rubber hose round it

not sure on the red wire but would think probably not

the last pic is the pipework t'd in to the box in the 1st pic as well if is prob for aftermarket boost gauge or controller

stumo

1st picture is the pressure sensor, it's usually located on the inner wing above where it is in the last picture.

ex-gtir

red wire most probally was signal for rev counter or shift light or something like that even an alarm sometime takes from there or injector pulse

CruiseGTi-R

On the third piccy down, please can someone tell me how many wires go into the plug and what colour they are.

Would the det circuit have a wire leading to this plug (given ecu controls timing if hears det).

Trying to sort out my code 34 det sensor.

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
This is like a fun pub quiz for gtir car geeks.

1. Old boost pressure sensor

2. The primary on your ignition coil should have a green/yellow and black/red, neither of which haver anything to do with the knock sensor. The red (only) wire sounds like garbage and should be trimmmed right back if its been soldered on.

3. There are 3 pipes from your Idle air control valve, Fuel reg, PCV and Charcoal cannister I think (I only have the fuel reg left on mine) If they are not in use they should be blocked up. Didn't you say your car was running lean? ;-) :D I'd trace that back and check where its come from. (Flash and digital camera)

4. Its all linked off etc because its going to your new boost pressure sensor as well. This is mounted where number 1. should be :) The boost pressure sensor normally comes from the Fuel reg hose but this car has obviously done something different. I bet they have used it to feed a bosst gauge in your car ;-)

What do I win? :D

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
CruiseGTi-R said:
Trying to sort out my code 34 det sensor.
Have you reset the ECU and seen if it comes up again? Not sure if it means your det sensor is kaput or whether its saying you've had det.....

Didn't you say your car was running lean ;-)

CruiseGTi-R

You have won first prize, Free postage when you order a tow eye cover! (I'm such a good businessman :-D ).

Cheers for your help. I've reset the code and it does come back. Does the code come up when DET occurs??

And that rubber pipe should be blocked off? Mine's just left open :oops: :-D ?

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
CruiseGTi-R said:
You have won first prize, Free postage when you order a tow eye cover! (I'm such a good businessman :-D ).

Cheers for your help. I've reset the code and it does come back. Does the code come up when DET occurs??

Ooh, thanks, I was thinking of getting one of those off you but still spending time sorting out stupid PFC stuff. I'm waiting for you to get on to the cool stuff you were promising :)

I guess if your det sensor is coming back that quick its noytlikely to be detting at idle. I'll have a flick through the manual sometime and see what Nissan say about det sensor failure modes.

For that pipe, put a flashing digital camera behind and see where it comes from. If it is from the same place as the fuel pressure reg then it will cause wierdness but under boost I'd expect you to run rich and off boost lean. You are the other way round so maybe back to the draing board again. Would still be good to know where it came from.

youngsyp

CruiseGTi-R said:
If you mean the pipe in picture number 2, it's a 'guide' pipe that leads to the idle adjustment screw and is there to help you find it. It should be as yours is !!