pics of gearbox wanted

Could anyone post some pictures of exploded/splitted gearboxes?
I'm curious where and how most of them start splitting.
Do they explode when sidestepping the clutch from standstill or mostly when there's just to much torque on them in 4th or 5th gear?

johnsy

mine split from general wear n tear really , was just tootling along went to change up from 4th to 5th (60-70mph) and the end bearing shot through the casing,

iv got it in the house somewhere ill take a picture when i get in,

i then fitted a second hand box that has been shot peened and iv no trouble what so ever, and that was a good 7000mile ago and 3 trackdays later,

M

markwashington

If you want to know anything about the R gearbox, pm redreading as he knows pretty much all there is to know about the R box.

danr

from my understanding, the end case gets punched through buy the helical gear biting/jamming into alu, then in gear pulls itself up & over jammed gear, screw effect into end case. i probably messed that description a bit lol
i think they also suffer from cracking/flexing due to the amount the case hangs off engine unsupported. again don't quote me!

red reading

from my understanding, the end case gets punched through buy the helical gear biting/jamming into alu, then in gear pulls itself up & over jammed gear, screw effect into end case. i probably messed that description a bit lol
i think they also suffer from cracking/flexing due to the amount the case hangs off engine unsupported. again don't quote me!
So someone has actually read and understood what i have been on about! i am impressed.