PCD question

sohail_gtir

I've tried a search but found nothing, Will a 98 pcd wheel fit a pulsar. Alot of the alloys i've looked at say 98/100pcd. I dont want to buy a set and find out that the holes need drilling

gtir303

it would be tight depends how well the wheels have been drilled from new ,ive fitted 98 on a pulsar bthey didnt sit perfect could of done with hole tiny bit drilling

sohail_gtir

Thats what i thought, im having trouble finding 18's that fit my wide arch. What inch you got on your because they look pretty good

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I would have thought so; 4x100 is not uncommon.
The new Mini
Honda Civic and CRX
Mazda 323, MX3 and MX5
Quite a few Renaults,
Most of the 4-stud Vauxhalls,
4-stud VWs
...and a few other Nissans will all fit because they are the right PCD. I can't guarantee the centre bore will be big enough on all of them, but if you've got spigots it's not really an issue.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I've tried a search but found nothing, Will a 98 pcd wheel fit a pulsar. Alot of the alloys i've looked at say 98/100pcd. I dont want to buy a set and find out that the holes need drilling

They'll phsically go over the studs, but the studs will be offset in the hole, so any nut won't be sitting properly. I wouldn't do it. As said above, there's plenty of the right size wheels out there.

John

Indeed plenty of options out there, however 18's are going to be pretty nasty handling wise. I have 17's on mine and it looks great but handling definately isnt as good as it should be, so I shudder to think what 18's would be like!

warpspeed

you can buy what's called 'wobbly' wheel nuts or bolts, its a tapered washer with a flat top and the wheel nuts are flat on the bottom, the centre of the washer is a slightly bigger dia than the stud to take up the misalignment, you can only really use then if you have good fitting alloy centre spigots, a friend of mine used them on a fiat coupe when he couldn't buy 18" Kahns with 100PCD and they worked fine, i think i wouldn't trust them for a track car or if the offset of the wheel is a fair bit different from standard.

shroom

yer 18" would be stupid I think but then what else would look any good with a wide arch,

must become an absolute trog to try and do a turn in as mine on 17" is bad, its got a turning circle like a bus.

splmum

Will a 98 pcd wheel fit a pulsar.
NO. They are 2mm small. To even consider this is downright dangerous, and it will damage the wheel which will cause an accident and in that you will at the least injure an innocent.

If the shop sells something for 100 pence and makes 1 pence profit do you then think that they will give it away for 98 pence. NO. so get 4 x 100.

Just my rant.

gtir303

Thats what i thought, im having trouble finding 18's that fit my wide arch. What inch you got on your because they look pretty good
they are 18x81/2 with different offsets front and rear ,i dont have to run spacers on the front and run 20 hubcentrics on the back