painting rocker cover

gtirx2

:lol: :lol: Its a proper pain,you spend hours sanding,cleaning and painting you then very carefully paint the top coat and get a super finich pleased with your work you retire indoors for a cupper to come back out to alsorts of bits in your paint that you did not know you even had flying around in your garage:lol: Oh and i also have a hair in there some where:oops: i am just glad the bugs kept away long enuf for it to dry:)

maz

is it inadvisable to get it powder coated? i dunno if i can be assed with all that hassle :s

gtirx2

I only did not powder coat it as i have read somewhere that someone powder coated there rocker cover and some of the powder coat got on the inside of the cover and over time it fell off and went through the engine killing the oil pump and the cams,if this is true i do not know but i am not takeing the risk,plus i wanted to paint my cover the same colour as the car and it would have behine hard to match that in powder coat.

andytb

rocker cover

found a gd bloke on ebay who paints rocker covers in powder coat cost is £55 you get £30 back when u send your old one does a gd job well pleased with mine can put you in touch if you want quick delivery to!

321_GO

MORF114 said:
Looks greeny/grey just because of shadows/light (metamorism) shouldnt turn grey with the heat though never ever heard that one before of colours changing colour with heat (except with colours dulling due to uv rays and heat changing colours which are manufactured to do so)
Thats what I got told with mine, after having it painted, though I have probably only done about 500k's since, its now hanging from an engine crane in my garage. Will let you know when I get to drive it again, perhaps 2010