paddle clutch

gunmetalgtir

I had an rps clutch in my old pulsar, had nothing but problems with it. The pressure plate is too heavy for the clutch disc.

Braveheart

The clutch and flywheel arrived yesterday.
My car is in at a welders getting the role cage fitted and should be finished today so I'm hoping to have the clutch fitted by the weeks end. Will update to thread as soon as I have news.
Hope it will be possitive feedback!!!

Braveheart

Garage just phoned to say that the RPS flywheels locating pin diameter was larger and does not fit the crank. When I ordered the kit I asked to make sure it was the correct flywheel as I had come accross threads that mentioned problems with pulsar ... oh well, I'll just go with the standard flywheel and send the other back to SRB.
Should get the car back tomorrow with new clutch fitted.

JIMMYBACK

Braveheart said:
Garage just phoned to say that the RPS flywheels locating pin diameter was larger and does not fit the crank. When I ordered the kit I asked to make sure it was the correct flywheel as I had come accross threads that mentioned problems with pulsar ... oh well, I'll just go with the standard flywheel and send the other back to SRB.
that sounds about right i had to get my flywheel drilled out because of the same problem:evil:

gunmetalgtir

Braveheart said:

I hope those c0cks at SRB are nicer to you than they were to me!

Braveheart

Got my car back today.
RPS Max Street clutch fitted.
I've just driven 60 miles under a variety of different road conditions from heavy traffic to open highway and twisty B roads and the clutch feels good.
Pedal action is very smooth and not heavy at all. Biting point is good (nice and low down) and I can't hear any bearing noises at all.
Jobs a goodin...

Braveheart

SRB took the flywheel back and popped the money back onto my credit card.
As for the clutch, that's done one track day now and was fine. I don't find it that much heavier on the pedal compared to the std clutch. Pedal action is smooth and there is no shimmering on the pedal after clutch is engaged which means the OEM flywheel is true.