paddle clutch

davey red.r

hello lads has any one seen them paddle clutches on ebay by techniclutch see am about to have a quaiffe box fitted in a few weeks and i want to make the right choice am also looking to run roughly 350bhp in near future and would like something strong to go with the quaiffe box and the hks engine.your any advice would be appreciated thanks davey;-)

gtirx2

100% don't touch techniclutch do a search on them.You proberbly want to look into rps or helix clutches.

davey red.r

cheers mate you had bad experience or do you know some one who has why are they saying 350bhp then mugs eegards davey;-)

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Lionel said:
the RPS max street will take the power your running it will take up to 475lbft

cheers Lionel

I've got an RPS and however good it is, it’s a frigging nightmare.

I’ve had nothing but problem after problem with it bending several clutch forks and just recently after I welded the dam thing so strong (the fork that is), its transferred the pressure force to the actual peddle and broken that too. Bearing in mind that I’ve got the clutch support bracket, the force has transferred to the rear of the peddle system and broken when it’s connected to some framework.

I've said it before, it’s a great clutch, but it’s far too heavy and due to this it continually bends just about any part of my clutch engagement system .:cry:

davey red.r

cheers andy thanks for that i dont think ill bother then bit stuck now which way to turn about clutch thanks tho 4 your experience and advise;-)

Braveheart

Sugar.... I have just ordered an RPS max street and flywheel and will have it fitted next week. Will keep you posted if there's an issue.
I did also buy a new clutch fork and boot.
Hopefully it's not 475lb/ft to engage and dis-engage.

Later,
Scott.

P

pulsarboby

ive got rps paddle in mine, and although there very heavy, ive not had a problem with it bending anything as of yet, but there a booger in heavy traffic, does build the old calf muscles up though lol

if i were you i would go for an rps organic clutch, much more user friendly, will take a lot of torque still, and less strain on what should have been my quaiffe gearbox casing:lol: :lol:

Lionel

Ok it is a bit on the hard side but iv have my RPS for almost 5 year now and my car was the tested car for the clutch and in my 5 years iv had no problems.

Lionel.

davey red.r

sorry bob bout the quaiffe but the way i am ill probably have a fiesta popular next week u know the model without the headrests and no doorcards:oops: you still may be the proud owner of the quaiffe senario:lol:

P

pulsarboby

no worries mate, he who hesitates lol you know the saying:lol: :lol:

seriously though if you just wanna use car on road with occasional trackday, then i would go for the rps organic one;-)

davey red.r

lionel you cant argue with that then 5 year now thats more like it if roy castle were still alive i think he would of entered you into the guiness book am more confused now but your experience and advice are appreciated thanks mate davey;-)

Braveheart

davey red.r said:
how much scott if you dont mind me asking ill keep my fingers crossed for you regards davey;-)
The RPS Max Street clutch with new bearing including vat was £310.
RPS flywheels was £285 and postage was £15. Total £610 all in.

Bought the stuff from SRP Power: http://www.srbpower.com/

P

pulsarboby

dont buy the clutch yet davey, as i think the car im picking up has a brand new unfitted helix organic.
will find out and let you know later on today;-)

davey red.r

bob ive just seen your thread r.e unfitted clutch did it materialise have you still got it? or not like you say those who hesitate:lol: let me know matey when you get a chance thanks davey:thumbsup: