PACE FMIC

pulsar_stu

ARe the pace fmics any good?

Do you have to change your radiator to fit one of these fmics?

Is it a worth while upgrade because they look very thin and small?

Do you have to take the aircon off?

Thankyou in advance :D

Stu 8)

lakeview

they are not that bad. the radiator sits on a plate at the back of the intercooler you can still keep the aircon (depending on what model the front mount is) but its quite a tight fit you might need thinner fans

Keira

gtir.spares said:
there cra p :lol:
why are they crap ?

ever tested one for cooling efficiency, pressure drop, flow capability ? ever compared one back to back with any other intercoolers on a dyno, on the road ?

i doubt it :wink:

just cos they're thin doesn't mean they're going to be cr@p, a 50% thicker core doesn't mean you're going to have 50% better flow, 50% more efficient intercooler, it doesn't work like that :roll:

everyone goes on about how good the hybrid cores are but the design is far from perfect and can be very easily improved :wink:

pete-r

Ive got one of these.I got the uprated fan and rad with it.I ran 350bhp for a year with no cooling problems at all.Recently upgraded the power again so time will tell if the IC is sufficient,although i couldnt get an answer off pace as to what bhp the IC had been tested too.My only complaint was the price of the whole kit together which i bought through a "well known tuner" :roll: ,but i know better now :wink:

M

Mr Overboooost

he! he! i thought i would open a can of worms and get answers like that :lol:

anyway seriously they are better than the standard setup but as most kits there is always room for improvement.

cheers
gary