Overboost!

Tim

Well my problems continue, grrr!

Since replacing all the exhaust gaskets I now have overboost. I've ruled out the solenoid with bypassing it, but this didn't make any difference..

I think some of the gasket might be lodged in the turbo or something, but can't be sure.

I've removed the turbo and managed to round one of the turbo elbow nuts so will have to wait until Tuesday to take it to my step dads work to have it removed.

Can anyone tell me if my predictions will be true, could it be anything else?

How can i test the wastegate is function correctly not it's off of the car?

Any help appreciated

Tim

vomitt

this might not be of help, but have you checked and doublechecked your piping? i removed my TMIC to change plugs, remove pcv valve and sort TPS out and when I put it back together I forgot to re attach a small pipe from under the TMIC and it was giving me 1.7bar boost according to my electronic gauge.

Tim

Yeh, i've double checked those pipes and also bypassed all of that piping too.

Will be testing actuator on Tuesday as well as stripping the turbo, fun, fun, fun.

Tim

Just to update this...

It would appear that the hot exhaust gas did it's best to melt the rubber diaphragm inside the actuator. Attached it to an airline and then opened it up on the lathe to confirm our suspicions.

Managed to pick up a replacement today.

darkyGTI-R

this might not be of help, but have you checked and doublechecked your piping? i removed my TMIC to change plugs, remove pcv valve and sort TPS out and when I put it back together I forgot to re attach a small pipe from under the TMIC and it was giving me 1.7bar boost according to my electronic gauge.
:lol:You too i've done that mistake nearlly crapped myself under boost:lol: