Over Boosting

reckals

Hi,i have a problem with my Gti-R. The car has a manual boost controller fitted. The car was boosting fine to 1.2 bar but it starting boosting to 1.5bar recently.

I turned the manual boost controller down(til it would turn no more) but i still have the problem!!

Anyone got any ideas??

Thanks--

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Have you checked the actuator its self; what about the lines going to it and/or the controller?

Perrin21

Could be a leak somewhere causing the actuator to bleed open. If your able to get to the north west then speak to Spikey, he's great at finding leaks in the system. He can also check the whole engine for leakage with a great tool he has that exposes them.

Last edited:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
It won't be the intercooler piping if it's over boosting. It could be the vacuum pipe to the wastegate actuator or the actuator itself.

shroom

What type of manual controller do you have? If its a red one of fleebay then i had terrible trouble with the one fitted to my car when i got it, it would not control the boost even when setup as it should be, it just over boosted. It was going in the bin anyway

reckals

What type of manual controller do you have? If its a red one of fleebay then i had terrible trouble with the one fitted to my car when i got it, it would not control the boost even when setup as it should be, it just over boosted. It was going in the bin anyway
Yup, thats the one. it was on the car when i bought it! Can anyone recommend another type or should i just go electronic?

Gaz gtiR

looks like a gimmic of a turbosmart boost controller :doh: to be honest mate bin it & dont go for a manual boost controller (bleed valve) youll always be having problems with over boosting & itll end in tears! spend your money wisely & go for an electronic boost controller. apexi avcr, or simlar...

stumo

looks like a gimmic of a turbosmart boost controller :doh: to be honest mate bin it & dont go for a manual boost controller (bleed valve) youll always be having problems with over boosting & itll end in tears! spend your money wisely & go for an electronic boost controller. apexi avcr, or simlar...
never never never fit a bleed valve

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
There's nothing wrong with a manual boost controler, but don't use a bleed valve.

EDIT: Too slow!