os giken problems again

hks-r

ok so second os giken clutch twin plate and second round of problems
had new slave/master/seector fork/clutch fwheel and gbox

car started taking the pi55 to get into first this last week and today i cant get into gears, have to turn the car off then get it into gear, its fine aslong as i dont go into neutral

can hear the clutch plates jingling etc

so i thought id check the pedal assembly, adjust pedal, only to find out that there is no nut fitted to adust the pedal
wtf

theres no nuts on the floor or any damaged just no bolts to adjust the clutch

will have to take pedal apart to sort out today, cant believe there wasnt a bolt on, all this tym i was planting the clutch as far as i could

wish i had just gone for a simple paddle clutch than another os twin

I'm having similar problems with my os twin, an I still haven't got to the bottom of it. It just won't disengage the drive plates, effectively meaning I'm driving with no clutch, I have to match the revs to select the next gear! Not good!

si...

I had the same problems with one of these clutches it ended up braking the sleeve around the input shaft so had to buy a new box just for the bell housing plus the clutch plates fell apart

I think they deliver the power too harshly for the drive train mine had a solid centre plate that I guess didn't help

Got a helix in now and no problems with that at all

nismoboy

Twin plates are gash dont bother lads, tbh u dont need a twin plate unless your running some 600hp drag monster there plenty of high clamping single plates you can use. Do your self a favour and put a single plate back in.

Ran a helix for a good couple of years, and gearbox is still in 1 peice after a good veiw events with a severe lot of 6000 rpm launches :)