original tacho is dead, why oh why????

Hkondakci

Guys,

My tacho meter (rev meter) doens't work anymore :shock: . We have measured all the cables and lines from ECU (it's a DTA P8Pro) and back, all is fine. All is working is the dash but the tacho isn't.
I like this original tacho, that's why I miss it so much :x ; I have a aftermarket extra one from Pivot, but I don't like it's accuratness. It should be a very accurate one, but it doesn't work as I hoped it would.
Odd thing is that soon after we had connected the DTA ECU the original tacho went gone; and also this Pivot didn't work as meant to be. So I can't say 100% sure that the Pivot is no good.
Any advises where to look for in the original tacho?
And has someone this original Nissan tacho for sale, or the whole dash (it needs to be in km/h)???

rgds
habib

zia

are you not using the dta output for the tacho? where have you spliced the wire from dta to standard tacho circuit in? are you using same coil setup as standard or gone to dis?

zia

Hkondakci

Hi Kieron,
Well not 100% sure on that, but it went dead before we connected the Pivot.....also it has worked 2 times for a couple of seconds on the flight. And then we contacted the Pivot, but that wasn't very handy and accurate, it's like there is a delay in the reading.... :cry:

Hi Zia,
Yes we use the DTA output for the rev counter. And we measured all the lines from DTA and back, all is doing fine. No we are using Bosch coil pack not the standard coil setup anymore. Don't know for sure where it has been spliced, but the problem certainly seems to be in the OEM rev counter itself. But I don't understand why it is suddenly dead, while everything else is working fine, and why it has come back a couple of seconds back, and why oh why is that damm Pivot not working as it needs to be!!!!??? :evil: It's quite frustraing to only use your ears and speedo when shifting, especially when there is no time to think with 1st and 2nd gear....it's so damm fast :shock:

cheers
habib

Hi, my Rev counter just died for no reason at all as well. In fact, the whole right side of the instrument panel gave up.

Gary at GTI-R Spares here on the forum got me a replacement.