Ordered my clutch today!

L

LoXy

Hi guys, iam soon going to be a R owner , iam excited about it the engine is being rebuild now and the gearbox also. I have started to buy bits for it ready to be fitted.

Today i was looking to buy the Helix Cerametallic Sporting Clutch Kit and i would like to ask you guys ur opinions.

My R would be standard apart from Apex i, Power FC, Mongoose full system , 550cc or 600cc Injectors and Blitz airfilter. I hope to run about 250bhp (not sure bout it) just estimate.

Anyways can you guys tell me if that clutch is suitable for this kinda power? It will be used as an everyday car so i want to make sure i get the right thing for it. moved to tuning-welcome to the club :D

I am looking forward to your replies,

regards, LoX

skiddusmarkus

Are you having the engine rebuilt to standard or any uprated bits in such as pistons/rods/headgasket?These will partly determine how much power you could run.

You won't need anything bigger than the standard injectors for 250bhp,it's ot unitl you go over 300bhp that you have to start thinking about them and some people have managed 350bhp+ by raising the fuel pressure.

The Helix ceramtallic(or paddle) clutch is very good and rated to about 350lbft or so but isn't to everyones liking as they are much harder to use than a normal organic type and are harsher on your gearbox.The organic ne they do probably a better bet unless you plan on diong lots of drag racing and not using the car in traffic.

L

LoXy

Thx markus i think ill go for the normal helix organic clutch then because on the way to work ill be in traffic all the time.

About the injectors i have been told that the standard injectors dont feed enough fuel to the engine thats why i want to get bigger injectors. Does it really matter to run an engine with bigger injectors on a standard engine? This is one of my future upgrades anyway so i thought i might aswell do it now.

What ya think markus?

Regards, LoX

O

Odin

Well I think if your rebuilding your motor with standard piston's you should forget ever going over 1-1.2 bar max, And for that you will not need any of the stuff your getting, My car was quite happy at 1.2 bar on the standard injectors and turbo, The only thing you will need is a fuel controller if you go over a bar, The power Fc is a wast of money if your not plannig to use more boost....

1 bar should see you at 280bhp and 1.2 should get you 300-320 bhp with out any of the stuff your thinking of wasting your money on :roll:.

And most of all WHY are you putting standard pistons in your motor :? :?: .

rob

M

memski

Get the organic clutch and stick with the standard injectors. I was running mine with the standard turbo and afm @1.4bar which is in the region of 320-340bhp...

mattygti-r

agree with V tobe honest

power fc is waste of money if yourve not got forged internals etc, and upping boost to over 1bar

if i was you if ur putting stnadard pistons in dont!, spend the money instead of that clutch etc, pfc, get uprated internals,

then get the pfc at a later date

or just use standard injectors , standard pistons etc, boost controller, filter, cultch etc

A

Anonymous

let me know when u get it so we can come and have a look, another one in North London..

my route would be

exhaust
filter
plugs
leads
clutch
fuel pump
boost
e manage/ unichip/ power fc/ motec
turbo
internals
nos
bored out to 2.2

iam only at the boost stage now 280-300bhp
more nos

A

Az

LoXy said:
Thx markus i think ill go for the normal helix organic clutch then because on the way to work ill be in traffic all the time.
I had one fitted around a month ago and can give it very high recommendation 8) Got mine for around £300 in VAT and delivery :)

Pulls away very nicely when you need to :p and isn't a b*stard in traffic. I'm pleased with it :D

L

LoXy

thx for the replies guys , i will ring powerunits up tomorrow and tell them that i want forged pistons in there, i still need to do some more research on pistons then cuz i dont know much about them..

by the way legacy where from north london are you from?
iam from enfield.
if we close enough maybe we can meet up 1 day and u can show me more bout the r.

thx thx