Options for air temp gauges.

M

Muppet

Hi

Every where I seem to look at gauges none list an air temp. What companies make air temp gauges.

thanks muppet.

ashills

i get them through a ford place they are a little LCD display with a probe on a wire Nomad also do them i think

heres teh one ive got

ashills

i get them through a ford place they are a little LCD display with a probe on a wire Nomad also do them i think

heres the one ive got

P

purplemonster

i have got one of those also and it works a treat

ROBERT

M

Muppet

Has anyone got a contact for the person selling these gauges. Are there any other gauges available.

thanks muppet.

P

purplemonster

ask on the 200+ forum thats where i got mine form £37.50 incl postage etc

Robert

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Will the probe end fit under a samco hose and jubillee clip so I can measure inlet temps or is it too big and would cause a boost leak?

J

Jon T

Wouldn't it suffer the windchill effect or get heat from the surrounding pipe? Would a little hood help?

Might already have something like that. Did someone manage to get a place to buy one?

G

gotoinstant-redline

wind chill only works on living things.. a wall in a wind that is 3deg C wont be any cooler than 3deg C.

its only us stupid living things that get wind chill

L.

J

Jon T

I just had a hunt of Maplin, and here's what I found. But it doesn't include size, temp range, etc.. (L69AJ).

I'll try this first, clock and inside temp too, I can see if climate control works! :)

· Displays indoor, outdoor and time simultaneously
· Minimum/maximum temperature memory
· °C/°F selectable
· 3 metre weather-proof sensor wire
· EL backlight
· Ideal for cars, greenhouses, garages, home or the office
· Supplied complete with mounting pads and 2 x AAA batteries

£9.99 inc vat for one, £7.20 excl. vat for 10.

J

Jon T

I've just purchased it so I'll let you all know, it's handy for other uses if it doesn't work out and I can use the same one everyone else is.

P

purplemonster

so whats everybodys air temps then ,with standard and aftermarket intercoolers?
this question is for those who has air temp gauges lol

yes it depends on out side temp and speed etc

so what your temps at idle /30/70 mph and what intercooler do u have

ROB

T

T11EWL

Got myself a completely OTT piece of kit off HKS

It's called a CAMP(some of you will have heard about these or even got them)

Not installed it yet, but managed to get hold of the junction box which lets you plug in boost sensors and temp sensors and hope to have warnings setup so that when IC temp reaches a certain limit it'll remind me to push that spray button 8)