Opinions on engine spec please people?

nismoj

I have gone for bottom end like your asking and very happy with my results so far. I went with the Turbine tech manifold from Canada with a custom Evo turbo. My engine builder has also set the cam timing to help it come on sooner as well as porting the head. I haven't got the dyno sheet yet but my tuner said its coming on very hard very early and has great drivability
This sounds interesting, more details on spec please. My evo 6 I had delivered 300ft/ by 3000 and held it and more to 6000+rpm. please post results when you get um mate!

johnny gtir

turbo wise try owen developments i had a 2860rs was on boost early and i am sure they said they had a quicker spooling one similar to whats fitted to rally cars.What gearbox do you have or have you had your standard one checked rebuilt ? just found mine was under more stress than you think although not running big power the tourqe and the way it come on to boost so quick.danny will correct me if i am wrong about the box

velly4

This sounds interesting, more details on spec please. My evo 6 I had delivered 300ft/ by 3000 and held it and more to 6000+rpm. please post results when you get um mate!
There is nothing to special about the specs. Fairly normal forged rebuild, 260 cams, ported head with the timing set to come on early. I'll get the specs from the builder when I see him next. The intercooler set up is Australian designed and built, intake and exit are either side of the radiator.
The dump pipe was also made by Turbine Tech.

The dyno graph is when I changed the turbo from a standard turbo rebuilt to 2871r specs to the Evo manifold/turbo. Long story short this turbo gave me 50% more power at 4000rpm alone without losing any from the top end. Once I get the new dyno sheet with the current set up I'll post it up.
Tuner said this week he's never done a GTiR with such good bottom end.

Turbo was from this place http://www.gtpumps.com.au/evoturbos.html

Intercooler

Dump Pipe

Manifold and dump before ceramic coating

Old dyno sheet