oops! Bought an evo

keastygtir

I bought an evo 4 the other day after going to view and test drive it. I still have the pulsar but I will need to choose in the next few weeks what I am going to do going forward.

Tough decisions lay ahead

keastygtir

Thats ok on this one. Has one or two mods and has been mapped by well respected place. Is only running standard boost but is quite quick. Scary thing is you can drive very fast very easily

keastygtir

yeah it had a rebuild in the last couple of years. Its a strange sensation driving it quickly as its very capable but the pulsar is almost the better car for being a worse car, if you know what I mean

sooni

hi
i bought an evo/evo 1 RS/ aswell last month.that ll be my third evo
after 3 pulsars decided to change a bit but definitely ill have pulsar again in a future
cheers

keastygtir

more driving today, some of it quick!! Have to say there quite impressive, my Dad thought so too. He said its just as scary as the pulsar!

vpulsar

I'd have an Evo III

I;m with you mate I've have the 3 as well it's just a better car, I don't like the 4/5/6/7/8/9 or 10 lol, But I've only driven the 4/5 and 6 so I can't really be sure about the later cars apart from the fact I don't don't really like modern stuff much, Though I quite liked our new 08 STi until the ring land went lol, And I do really like the modern diesels.

To be honest I don't really see the point of all these performance petrol cars even though I'm buying one myself, A tuned diesel will piss over most of them unless they have 500 bhp.

Rob

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
How are they for fuel surge?

I've never owned or driven an EVO, but I used to have a "normal" Lancer. - That suffered with terrible fuel surge; the power would die just after you left a roundabout (almost without fail).

warpspeed

I'd go for the 2 or 3, used to maintain a 2 for a customer/mate and it had an £8k engine fae Ralliart in it, we stripped and rebuilt suspension and brakes, was a superb car to drive and imho better than the later models to drive as it didn't have as many driver aids....

Fire & skill

Vintage member
There's nothing wrong with the IV but they got it right with the III, and when they changed shape to the IV it just looked a little tame. Now fast forward to the V and VI - those were proper cars pumped full of steroids - although practically the same as the IV. For me the VI was the last of the evos, anything after that just doesn't do it :(
The IV unfortunately has well documented crank walk issues and lies bang in the middle of the most complete cars Mitsubishi ever made.

Last edited:

keastygtir

Also the crank walk issue affects the 1 2 3 as well. Being the less popular of the evo I paid a third of the price of a 5/6

keastygtir

It has a 4 block that has been rebuilt in 2011. No sign of walk at the moment. I plan to check every 6 months and if I get any movement get the bearing changed.