Ooooo Tempting.

Chris1

Hello all.

While I'm waiting on windsoR for a spec for his little gem, I saw this on autotrader.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/200946345972918

The chap who owns it now has had it for 2 years but all the work that's been done (fmic, oil cooler, helix clutch, fuel pump, horrid 'ICE', coilovers etc) was by the previous owner.
Does anybody recognise it?
I mean it's pretty standard compared to some which is really appealing to me at the moment. The chap said the previous owner was really "in to it" so it got me thinking as to whether it was an ex-forum car.
Does anyone have any info on it? Was kind of hoping the link to the ad might ring a few bells.

Cheers.

DJU1988

thats been on there for ages now, i considered going and looking at it at one point when i was searching for one

DJU1988

it was higher in price at the time when i was looking and as fussy as it sounds the smoothed boot put me off.

stumo

Fully restored? really?

i doubt it. Fully restored to me means that it's been stripped to the last nut and bolt and rebuilt....

greggyboy

I was wrking next door to this car a few months back it did look clean i just didnt like the boot the guy seemed very genuine when i was speaking too him he was also doing a bit of work on his mates R as well i know its garaged its only 5 mins away from my house about 5 mins off the M1 so easy to get too could be worth a look

Chris1

how much you got too spend?
Well i've got about 5.5k but i'd be willing to stetch that for the right car.

I just think that for 3k it's worth a look.

And i admit the fully restored thing might have been just a re-spray but it's better than it being rotten.

Chris1

you should get something decent for that cash
So do I lol.

The thing is that over the last few weeks I have come across a few people that have had invoices for certain things and the harsh reality is that the bits on the invoice just aren't anywhere near the car itself.
This has given me a bit of a wake up call 'cause I can't afford to swallow a mishap like that.
So, i've decided that unless it's a members car that has been rebuilt and documented on here, or a car that is being sold by a trusted member then i'm quite happy to stick with a standard motor with a few nice go faster bits.

It's a heck of a lot of moolah to spend on something when all you have for evidence of the work done is a little sheet of paper with some writing on it.

Caz

Fully restored? really?

i doubt it. Fully restored to me means that it's been stripped to the last nut and bolt and rebuilt....
Have to agree with that. The state some of these cars are getting in I'd want a full photograpic rebuild with a description like that.

With a budget of 5.5k! You should only settle for the best. If your worried that receipts for 25k of work (seems the going figure) are just bits of paper then try and buy from a long term member/owner. With your budget you should be buying the best available

greggyboy

I got my 4th R last week it used too belong to sadsack off the modifiers there all the info on there to do with the arch restoration respray and engine rebuild unfortunaely i was kidding myself to think i could have another gti-r with 2 kids etc so i'm going too be putting it up for sale shortly if your interested pm me and i'll send you my number its had alot of time and money spent on it