oil

MarkTurbo

15W50 is a bit heavy isn't it? I appreciate that might be a compromise because Halfords don't seem to list any 10W50.
I've run my car on that Mobil 1 15w50 for nearly 10 years now. Thats including normal driving, trackdays, sprints, hillclimbs etc so its tried and tested and proven to be good stuff as far as i'm concerned ;-)

Mr B

I've run my car on that Mobil 1 15w50 for nearly 10 years now. Thats including normal driving, trackdays, sprints, hillclimbs etc so its tried and tested and proven to be good stuff as far as i'm concerned ;-)
+1 on that, Used it in my GTIR for 12+yrs & used mobil in my 323 B6T for 18yrs & it runs without a rattle/tick or knock ...

turbazz

ok thanks for the response guys, just that i was reading the sticky by rishi it said 10w 60?

so 15w 50 fully syth it is then!! oil filter from nissan? or..

MarkTurbo

Every now and again Halfords do it at 20% off which makes it about £37, I usually wait until then and buy a couple.

Even when its £48 I haven't found it cheaper anywhere else.

t16coupe

i was using castrol 10/60 last time i changed my oil just just changed it again to fuchs 10/50 and the car runs a lot better seems to rev better and seems better on fuel

Mr B

Mobil 15W50 is discontinued so product supply line will run out soon. Plenty of other 10W50 15w50 quality oil options though ... Try some Fuchs when my shelf stock runs out ...

turbazz

ok when i bought this R about a year ago i got box full of stuff.. i just looked in it today and guess what!! oil !! 10 50!!
lol

but

theres only 3.3 L is that enough? can i use oil a year old? and mix and match with new ok?

Last edited: