Oil Temperature / Pressure sensors

JU5TY

Just read on another thread...

The Oil Pressure sensor is located above the oil filter.

The Oil Temperature sensor is above the oil filter, behind the oil cooler (on the takeoff plate)

Take it this is correct…

E

Edd

i dont know but if you take them out can you measure the thread/pitch of the sensors as i need to find somewhere to fit my aftermarket probes and this could be the ideal place :D

MarkTurbo

JU5TY said:
The Oil Temperature sensor is above the oil filter, behind the oil cooler (on the takeoff plate)
Nice one JU5TY :D

Been tryng to find out where that is for a while now cos my oil temp gauge stopped working the other day :x

Shaun

:D Edd mate,the thread on the standard pressure sender is 1/8 BSP,and the standard oil temp is 1.25 NPT(i think :wink: )not 100% sure on this one mate,as its been a bit since i did mine :wink: The sender on mine was 1/8 NPT and had to have an adapter to fit the standard hole,which i thought was inefficient,as the sender would only be partly in the oil with the adapter around it :wink: so i had mine fitted into the sump :D All the adapters are available from DEMON TWEEKS mate :D Hope this helps :D

E

Edd

cheers shaun, did you have both the temperature and pressure ones adapted into the sump as i am temtped to get a spare sump and ge this doen but was slighty worried about leaks :shock: and damaging the sump

Shaun

:D I put the after market oilpressure sender where the standard one was(straight swap) and had the sump adapted :!: A friend of mine welded a nut into the sump for me and then re-painted it as well 8) He also does aluminium fabricating aswell 8) Can give you his number if you want mate :D Not far from you either :shock:

C

Crazy

Yes Edd Shauns mate Sev is proper 8)

He made me a chromed up intercooler pipe ready to fit my water injection jet to & repaired my alloy rad :D

Shaun,

THANKS MATE! :wink:

And Errol :wink:

E

Edd

sounds good, i will check my sensors for the threads and see what will fit where.

I can my own stuff welded (no offence) as i have just got a lod of 4 inch stainless piping for part of my intercooler run :wink:

JU5TY

Can you not just connect the dials to the original Nissan sensors... It would be a lot less hassle.

As for accuracy, its the actual dials reading the signal that are the accurate part opposed to the actual sensor?

E

Edd

you probably could connect them IF you could calibrate the dials to match the voltage signal, i guess if you were geeky enoughto find out the voltage settings for the std nissan sensors and then your gagues you could use some form of resistor to change the voltage from sensor to the gauge :oops:

JU5TY

Shaun said:
:D I put the after market oilpressure sender where the standard one was(straight swap)
Is the stock oil pressure sensor where that massive black bell shaped thing comes off it? So you just swaped them?
As my manual lists that as the ‘Oil Pressure Switch’, take it that’s the same thing?

Shaun

:D If you have a look at the oilfilter from under the driverside wheelarch,you can actually see the oilpressure sender(switch)infront of the oilfilter :D It's got 2 wires coming off it and has a piece of rubber about 10mm wide round the bottom of it :D If you still cant locate it mate,PM me and i'll get a picture of the sender for you :D Ok mate :D

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Cheers Shaun, I'll have a look tomorrow.

My oil pressure has been a bit sus for a while now, when warm and running normally she sits just above 4, now she used to be rock solid and stay at that pressure no matter how hot she got. For the last 2 months I've noticed the pressure drops to about 3 @ 3000 - 3500revs after a good thrash and only returns to normal if I stop and return to the car in a few minutes.