oil temperature / pressure doesnt look normal!

P

Pulsarmad

Can anyone help?
Would anyone be able to tell me if its common on R's to have faulty oil temp and pressure sensors?
My R's oil temp gauge has never worked, and now my oil pressure seems to drop after it warms up! :cry:

If anyone has experenced or know anything about this please let me know!

Cheers Tony

geetee

quite common for the senders to fail.

quite common for the gauge heads to be stuffed up when people put different faces on.

Oil pressure does drop a bit as it warms up... think it's normal. WHat does it start off at and what does it drop too?

Do the gauges have the original faces?

Cheers
GeeTee 8)

J

jiw

Oil pressure will drop on all cars as when it gets to the operating temperature it becomes more viscous, jeff.

P

Pulsarmad

wen started the oil pressure sits at around 4, and used to drop to 2, but now looks as tho its sitting at 1 on the standard gauge!

J

jiw

Is it due an oil and filter change mate?, also sounds silly but is the level ok, jeff

P

Pulsarmad

just checked the oil, seems perfect, last oil & filter change was about 1000 miles ago, so do u recon its safe 2 say that my sensors r at fault? :?
Tony

J

jiw

Does the engine sound any noisier that normal? if not the the sensors are probs faulty, jeff.

P

Pulsarmad

engine sounds the same as it always has done, so i'm gussing its my sensors,i'll let u know once i've changed them, thanks for the help. If u think of anyother possible causes please let me know.
Cheers!

MarkTurbo

:idea: That reminds me, my oil temp gauge stopped working when i was on my last lap at japfest :x

So as my engine is out at the moment, can anybody tell me where the sender is :?:

J

jiw

I think it is common to run around 90 degrees plus or minus ten, jeff

P

Pulsarmad

Does any1 know how much the oil temp and sensors are from nissan?

M

Mart

Have a word with gtir_no_163, he should get u trade prices or less!

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Did anyone find out how much the sensors were ??? Also can the oil pressure sensor be changed easely with the engine in the car.

O

Olly

Oil pressure and temp and the oil light are all in the same sender, hanging on 17mm nut/thread which is right by the oil filter can easily be changed on the car, i did mine a while ago (oil light came one for no apaarent reason/ and bizzare oil pressure readings (utter poo) ) fitted new Nissan one and all sensible again :lol: costs about £70 from memory.