Oil Temperature gauge not working

R

Riggsbie

Hello all.....

Just a quickie, my oil temperature gauge does not work :(

Currently I do not know whether the gauge itself has broken or the temperature sender, what is the best way to test the gauge ?

Where does the temperature sender live ? Are they easy to change if this is broken ?

Thanks......

MarkTurbo

Check the wire hasnt come off the sender first, thats what happened on mine :wink:

The sender is on the oil filter housing.

LOU ROB

MarkTurbo said:
No it isn't, the one on the filter housing is the oil pressure sender :wink:
He want's to know where the oil temp sensor is :roll:

O

Odin

Don't you welsh use your k n o b s to take sheep rectum temps :shock: :lol: :lol: .

rob

MarkTurbo

LOU ROB said:
MarkTurbo said:
No it isn't, the one on the filter housing is the oil pressure sender :wink:
He want's to know where the oil temp sensor is :roll:
The oil pressure sender comes off the side of the filter housing and the temp sensor for the gauge is in the top of it :roll:

Next time you're at DP motorsport ask if you can have a look at an engine, you might learn something :wink:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

LOU ROB

Mark Turbo said:
The oil pressure sender comes off the side of the filter housing and the temp sensor for the gauge is in the top of it
At least now you've stated which one is the one he's looking for so he'll get the right sensor :wink: :p

MarkTurbo

Theres only 1 wire on the temp sensor and 2 wires and a connnector on the pressure sensor and i did say "the wire" :wink:

But i should have explained it better, so........ :oops: :oops:

J

jiw

anybody know what thread the sender is as i might need to order an adaptor for an aftermarkewt gauge, jeff :wink:

G

GAZ P

My oil temp & pressure gauge don't always register straight away due to the needles sticking, I just flick the gauge and hey presto... :lol: