Oil Seperator

Tony-turbo

I Have seen the how 2 etc but it doesnt seem to mention the bigger outlet on the bottom of the forge unit, where does this go.

Is there a problem in me not returning anything to the s-pipe and connecting the rocker and head directly? Do these need to go through the seperator to be vented to atmosphere?

Cheers Tony

Like this http://www.showoffyourcar.com/cars/394.jpg

Last edited:

geoff pine

The one on the bottom has nothing conected to it the fitting instructions should tell you that. Is that a P10 cam cover looks like you dont need the blanking plug you could put the plug on the air inlet pipe and put a filter on the fitting nearest the battery.

Last edited:
A

another sunny

I have a hks model with only 2 pipes, the forge one has 3? am i being stupid!

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Forge one has 4. One to inlet, one drain to sump and one from rocker cover, as well as the one on the bottom that is just open.

GTIR-LOZ

does anyone else still have problems with oil in the inlet afterwards as mine is plumbed in the way it tells you too but still get oil in the inlet

recaro18

Just bringing this thread back up, because it says you shouldnt get any oil out of the bottom one which is a vent.
Thats the problem i got the vent drips quite a bit of oil and white smoke pours out, what could the problem be?

regards

P

pulsarboby

sounds like your engines breathing heavy!
i.e that means excess pressure which would indicate either worn pistons / rings or possibly a leaky headgasket!
think you need to carry out some checks