oil pump leaking ?????

jonesgti_r

well after 2 years locked up in the garage oh and a big rebuild the car drove out my lock up today .. was very happy that it satrted first turn of the key and had no water leaks ... noticed a small drop of oil on the floor under neath drivers side front corner . and as the engine warmed up it got a little worse ( not hosing out ) took it down the road and then checked it again and the leak was noticable a drop every 6 seconds or so .. looks like it's coming from half way up the engine above the oil pump but can't see from under neath . and from above you can't see down far enough because of engine mounting.. could it be leaking from where the oil pump mates up to the head gasket and is this a common fault after rebuild???? had the engine built by a reputable company just over 12 months ago at a cost of nearly £1000 just in labour.. where do i stand if it's there fault it's leaking . . it's got millers 10w 60 in it

it's had hks cams , rocker stoppers , hks head gasket , arp rod bolts and head studs , wiseco pistons , lightend and knife edged crank , new oil pump , exceedy clutch , full gearbox rebuild , apexi power fc , custom 3 inch exhaust , bigger turbo , and plenty of other odds and sods .......

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Alright Wayne, just got back :)
After mine was re-built the chain tensioner was leaking in a similar way and took me about 4 months to track down. Just a thought as its a similar area

stu-gtir

campbellju said:
Alright Wayne, just got back :)
After mine was re-built the chain tensioner was leaking in a similar way and took me about 4 months to track down. Just a thought as its a similar area
Mine too just sorted it last night, peice of **** to fix.

Stu.