Oil pressure readings

LOU ROB

I'm on my third oil pressure sender unit and now this is playing up!
I get all sorts of weird readings on the gauge,one day the pressure is correct,the next day i get a diffrent reading.
This is really begining to piss me off.I'm sure the sender units are supposed to last more than 6 months at a time :!:

Does anyone else get this proplem ?
or is it a common fault on these units ?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Wiring problem? What readings are you getting?
You could always ignore them like I do :oops:

Try fitting an aftermarket gauge and sender.

LOU ROB

Fast Guy said:
Wiring problem? What readings are you getting?
You could always ignore them like I do :oops:

Try fitting an aftermarket gauge and sender.
The readings when engine warm is 4.5 bar at 3000 rpm,but when the gauge is messing about sometimes it stayes on 2 bar and wont move.If you park up for 10 minutes and drive off again the gauge works properly again.

A

antilag

if i cud giv u any advice mate it wud b to ashume the gauge is working i had similier problem wen i was running in and got to 600miles and crank locked so b careful

i had people say the gauge was faulty but it wasnt and i kept driving

LOU ROB

kieron said:
are you 100% sure it aint an oil pump problem ??
defo not the oil pump,had the oil pressure tested with an external nissan gauge and the pressure was over the nissan recomendation :roll:
But if it was a mechanical problem e.g oil pump,wouldn't I have low oil pressure all the time ?
antilag said:
if i cud giv u any advice mate it wud b to ashume the gauge is working i had similier problem wen i was running in and got to 600miles and crank locked so b careful
This problem has been going on and off for the last 18 months it's gotta be electrical,my problem is i'm shit at electrics. :(

GINGA

Mine does the same I just ignore it lol if the oil light comes on then i'll worry as its on a seperate switch to the pressure senser unit.

K

kizzyturbo4x4

a had something strange happening to my oil gauge the other day.
suddently the pressure rised from 3.5kg wheras it uses to be, to 6kg..
the oil light also came on (pretty fading not strong light do..)
but then later i dropped back down to 4kg, still the oil light flashes sometimes.

everything else seems 100% ok. so im thinkin mayby its the sensor or harness?

LOU ROB

kizzyturbo4x4 said:
a had something strange happening to my oil gauge the other day.
suddently the pressure rised from 3.5kg wheras it uses to be, to 6kg..
the oil light also came on (pretty fading not strong light do..)
but then later i dropped back down to 4kg, still the oil light flashes sometimes.

everything else seems 100% ok. so im thinkin mayby its the sensor or harness?
join the club :?
No harm done to mine though 8)