Oil coming out of dv

G

GTiRich

I just had a quick trip to my local shops, a journey of no more than half a mile round trip (i'm a lazy ba5tard) on the way back my dump valve started to make a funny sound. When i got in i looked under the bonnet. It looks as tho it's been spurting oil out of the trumpet. Any ideas whats caused this? Is is serious? Thanks for any help,
Rich

GINGA

Oil getting into the intake system could be a knackered turbo seals letting oil into the inlet side. :(
Engine breathing heavy probably cuased by knackered piston :(
Or maybe if your lucky you've just overfilled it with oil :wink:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
What oil are you using, I think a couple of guys had this problem when the used to thin an oil.

T

Toady

i have the same prob, oil is in the i/c too and when i boot it my engine smokes! i think its coz the turbo seals are knackered personally, my last R had oil all over the intake pipe when i first bought it where it had obviously been leaking outa the bailey dv, then after reading thru my sertvice history i found out it had had a new tub put on it about 8k miles before i bought it, the last owner must have just not bothered to clean it up, cos after i cleaned it out it never leaked a drop since! im saving for a new turbo at mo!!! :wink: :wink:

G

GTiRich

Not sure what oil in there at the mo. Is due a change anyway. On the rollers at the weekend the operator said i seemed to have slightly low compression on a piston. Would this be connected? Thanks again,
Rich

R

rsnissan

yes it would be connected if the rings are gone on a piston then the oil would be coming out of the dumpvalve/ breathers etc when on boost.

G

GTiRich

Not really sure how low. When i was on the rr the guy said you could hear it was low when you turn the ignition. He said it could possiblt be an o ring. I had it comp tested last week and it showed nothing up.

G

GTiRich

I've got a bottle of castrol RS 10W60 will that be thick enough or shall i go thicker?

R

rsnissan

10/60 rs is ideal.

what were the results of the comp test?

G

GTiRich

when i had it done last week he said everything was hunky dory as i had a suspected blown valve, turned out just to be a spark plug :oops:

G

GTiRich

One thing i forgot to mention is that the boost has just been turned up to 1 bar. Could this have caused it?