oh no! boostin 1.7bar

ricey

well yesterday i fitted a new braided clutch pipe as the old one as leakin. i had the induction hard pipe off and one vacum and i did snap a little black thing it a tiny flyin saucer type thing. it's next to the one one avcr but now the car is hittin stupid boost on every setting.

very worried.!:shock:

now i have had alook for vacum leaks but xan not see any but the only thing i can think of is the little black thing i snaapped . but it looked fine ?

Last edited:

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Sounds like a filter for a boost controller to me... those are the only flying-saucer shaped things I've got, but mine are clear.

Would make sense because the actuator on the wastegate won't open if it doesn't get any pressure on it.... so it just stays closed and the boost builds.

Try taking it out and seeing if that fixes it?

ricey

thats the one as i speak im sorting a pic but my lap top is neing a right shit. 2 mins lads

ricey

:doh:

sorry about font nd britness i dare not try change it in case my computer crashes:doh:

Last edited:

gtir_pimp

does it have another hose coming from somewhere or just the one that goes behind engine? i cant really make it out from the pic. does it say anything on it?

ricey

lee lee said:
defo this!!!!!!! you need to change it asap!! and try not to use any boost till fixed!!!!!
which one? the main boost one of the avcr or the black thing wit the wires on .?

sorry!:cry:

Shaun

That black thing as you call it is the boost sensor for the AVCR you need to re-mount it with the pipe underneath it otherwise it wont sence boost correctly

ricey

Shaun said:
That black thing as you call it is the boost sensor for the AVCR you need to re-mount it with the pipe underneath it otherwise it wont sence boost correctly
pipe underneath it ? it only has one hose and it is connected?

Last edited:

ricey

i left the filter and maf were they were as the filter is on a bracket so just left it . and only took the long induction pipe from filter to turbo off

i have checked the both sets of wires from the avcr and the boost senser and they run up to the back of engine bay. cant see an earth?

the ufo's well i dont know what they are lol from mars i think :oops:

Last edited:

ricey

Shaun said:
hose coming out of the bottom of it then:roll: :lol:
i cant see a one out the bottom of it tho:cry:
right i have went back out side and noticed this

on the boost senser there is a little hole wit a little nut on it? is there something ment to be there?

sorry if these are stupid ?'s but my head is up my asre at the min its one thing after another:cry:

Last edited:

ricey

Shaun said:
hose coming out of the bottom of it then:roll: :lol:
I REALLY DONT GET WHAT U MEAN , AND IM ALL OUT OF PATIENCE WIT THIS BLOODY CAR!. IN THE THREE WEEKS OF OWNERSHIP IT'S DROPPED THREE PLUGS HAD TWO COMPRESSION TESTS NEW PLUGS I HAVE HAD TO FIT BRAIDED CLUTCH HOSES AND NEEDS A NEW THRUST BEARING AND NOW THIS AM READY TO SMASH THE BLOODY THING AS THIS APPRENTLY SO UNCOMPLICATED THING HAS GOT ME PULLING MY ****ING HAIR OUT!

:evil:

AND I THOUGHT MY TWIN TURBO 300ZX WAS A PAIN IN THE ****:shock:

WOOOOSSSAAAAAA!!!!!!!

right now !

do u mean it should be MOUNTED BELOW the solenoid or is there a hose missing of the sensor?

thanks;-)

Last edited:

ricey

the filter off the avcr solenoid has a big open crack in it and the sensor pipe as not facing downwards.:roll: could these be my problem.

can u buy the filters or can i just get rid?

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I'm pretty sure that you can buy them... although I don't know where or how much they are.
I don't think there's any harm in running for a while without them; you may find it runs better because they're all clogged after all this time anyway. In theory they stop crap getting into your solenoid and breaking it.