nuRburgring fun

CruiseGTi-R

awesome, I can just about tell its me (can just tell they are my rims).

We overtook that TVR, and the red Caterham on the left. Although admittedly the TVR bloke seemed a bit tentative.

Funny, cos the 205 on the left gave us a right chase, bloody things handle so much better than an R.

Nice one Gray!

CruiseGTi-R

the bikes frickin' tear round, wheelies out of corners right by your car, bloody mad. catch em on the corners, but they soon rocket off.

sodding dangerous place I tell ya. saw loads of cars come off crashed, theres almost no run-off, so if you slip off you hit something.

LeeSmith

LOL! I saw u on saturday too! I took a close up piccy of your car, I have it on my phone. didn't see you for the res of the weekend though, only saw you queing to go on the track and also blasting off the start line!!! sounded pretty good!! I also live 5 minutes from castle coombe and have never taken my R down there!! We went to Germany in a bright blue VW Bora v5 with Audi TT rims, also in a convoy of a black Evo 6, BMW M3 (lol one of millions) Audi A3 Quattro, Mk1 Golf with 240bhp turbo engine, Mk5 golf. Had an awesome weekend! Going to take my car next time, but get a few instruction days at coombe before I think!

Aimee

Moderators
Staff member
Everyone seems to have seen your car - that's going to be such a memorable day for you ...shed a tear everyone :lol:;-)

CruiseGTi-R

Would love to see the vid. Can't believe you were there, small bloody world eh. Your convoy of cars sounds like it would of been fun, did they all go on?

Heard about so many people coming off, as well as seeing flowers laid in a couple of spots, it really is rediculously dangerous.

Normal trackdays for me for a while too. Also going to stick roll cage and harnesses in.

LeeSmith

ha! I'll have to grab it off the camera at some point and post it up. I was stood by the dodge viper when I took a picture of your car on my phone.

did you hear about the biker on saturday? poor bugger, they aren't sure what happened, either a car knocked him off or he came off then the car ran him over, a few of the bikers in our hotel had to lift the car off him, his neck was broken and he died on route to the hospital. not sure weather you heard but they put out a call for a Silver Merc hire car because apparently he was passing at the time and may have seen it. that's why it was shut for a couple of hours Sat. Terrible news though. Biker and the car were both Germans.

Yep every one in the convoy went on the track! we were 3 up in the m3 and got in a 9 minute 8 second lap!

Last edited: