Not holding boost

projectgtir

Took the car out tonight seems to hold standard boost fine .
Which is 0.6 with the avcr off .
On high boost set at 1.2 bar with foot to the floor boost gets to about 1bar then drops to 0.9 then back up to 1.1 then back down to 0.9 then eventually up to 1.2 .
Thought it maybe a boost leak at first but holds standard boost fine.

Spikey

depends on the size of the leak. Or your actuator could be tired if your running your std turbo... what boost controller are you running?

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Where is the solenoid located - EBCs can have response problems when the hose lengths get long; I think it's that it takes a while for the change to feed-back to the sensor so they open the solenoid again.

The other option is that it's getting old and the solenoid/stepper motor is wearing out. - My EVC III did something a bit like that before it stopped holding boost (and helpfully sounded the over-boost alarm instead).

projectgtir

It's an apexi avcr Spikey and it's only been on the car 8 months. Do these only last that long .
The solenoid is located in virtually same position as factory solenoid .
Only other thing I can think is interference as I've mounted it on the black box breather thing on the front of the engine so maybe vibration could be affecting the solenoid or caused it to fail completley.

This has only just happend , and was fine until i fitted a front mount last week.
I'm going to remove the solenoid and let it hang free and try again then try a lower boost setting like 0.9 . If it holds boost then fine then it's going to be the actuator right.

Empty Pockets

Prety sure it's your settings dude, even more so now you've said it's only started since you fitted an fmic. Your gain/set is too high.

Empty Pockets

LOL, well whatever it's called then, do you want help or not ? Write down your current setting and then reset the controller and set it up from scratch, if you can't sort it by setting it up you will still have the old settings written down.

projectgtir

problem solved thank you empty pockets .
I reset the controller then put new settings in and car boost to 1.2 fine.

skiddusmarkus

BTW you are not supposed to fit these things near heat/vibration.That black box area will get pretty hot.My solenoid is fitted to the n/s wing on one of the little bolt things poking out.