not enough fuel

jonesgti_r

I took my R to hiteq a week last saturday for all the oils to be changed as i run standard boost i thought i'd get ian to check the fueling before i give her 1bar :p ... He came back from the test drive and told me it was running abit lean all the way through the rev range but more lean at top end 5500 - 7000rpm :shock: .. sugested that i check the voltage at the fuel pump on idle and at full throttle and it should show sumthing near battery voltage. . .apparently the wire can degrade and the voltage will drop causing the fuel pump not to pump enough fuel :shock: got a friend round with a multi meter and tested the voltage on idle 11.98v and at full throttle 11.88v ish . threw aload of wires in there mixed with a relay and a fuse and hey presto 14.40v :D ...

thought to my self that should fix it .. boost boost boost. :)

booked it into hiteq again just to be on the safe side.
ian took it out again and came back saying it was fueling enough for the boost im running but it wouldn't be safe to up the boost because it would run lean again :?

what could it be causing my car not to fuel enough..

i'm currently running

full scorpion zorst
walbro fuel pump
bigger turbo
pace fmic
hks filter
sheepdog bov

please help need more power

S

str_motorsport

look for your fuel filter, injectors..or even the pump..it may be defective.also try a fault code...
i had the same problems with the voltage to the pump, and solved it by fitting a new relay and new wires...
i am also thinking that my walbro fuel pump is defective and i will fit my old one to check...
the det sensor will always ecrease timing on mine....hope it is due to shit fuel.

M

MORRISMINOR GTI-R

air leak/check all the vac lines, possibly faulty FPR :?

J

JamesB

thanks for the tip about replacing the fuel pump lead - will check my earth too cause mines det'ing on standard boost :cry: . I cant even sort out those scoobis or v8 cavemen :cry: :cry: