noob tuning question Power FC/injectors

F

Fubawu

Hey Guys

I recently upgraded my injcetors to Evo 555cc. I have a Power FC . I was wondering how much tuning if any is needed to run these well. Does the ECU adjust to fit these? What should I look for. I do know under load with the stockers I was 90-100% duty cycle now I am around 65-80% . Thanks for any help
John

Trondelond

The Power FC doesn't sense different injectors, so you'll have to change the injector setup. Wouldn't think you'd need mapping though, but I guess one of the grownups will be around to shed some light shortly.

DannyGTI-R

Dont carry on driving the car as it will be running rich, it will need the base injector setting changing right away, then all will be fine. You can do this your self on the commander.

F

Fubawu

What should I change the base setting too?? Anyone have any ideas
John

WUZ

Its the difference between the old size and new size (assume OE injectors in at first map - 440's = 100%)

eg old sixe is 440, new size is 550,

440/550 X 100

= 80%

therefore IBC Injector Base Cycle is 80%. these now have the injectors putting out the same cc's of fuel on your map as your old 440's did.

Still needs to be remapped for more boost if you want it but if its staying as is (and your only changing size so as to not MAX OUT your old injectors), you'll be fine.

Also might be worth inputting the correct lag time of those EVO injectors as they may not be the same as your old ones. (AFAIK EVO 560's are .928, not sure on OE GTiR ones.)

Russell

Last edited:

radiobar

hi !

standard times are:
0.73ms @ 2.55 bar (440cc)
0.77ms @ 3.05 bar (485cc)
0.79ms @ 3.55 bar (525cc)

so if you run standard fuel pressure,you need to set the lag time
to .928 - .73 = .198 (commander setting will be .20 then.)