non start??

STEVEN878

i was driving along when vehicle cut back from about 4000rpm down to 2000rpm I tried to drive through it but it wouldn't pick up again i pulled in switched it off and the r wouldn't fire up again. Any ideas whats wrong? Had some of the dash out doing the heater matrix but there is loads of coolant in the system. when ignition is on there is a ticking noise coming from the engine. Any help would be much appreciated.

John

snoon said:
fuel pump could have given up.
That would be my guess aswell what with it cutting out randomly which would be the pump showing its final signs of dying.

The clicking will be from the fact your car is trying to start, eg starter powering the spark plugs, but there is no fuel being pumped through so the car cant fire up.

snoon

Can you hear the pump pumping petrol through when you turn ignition on?

If not, you may need to take the pump out of the tank and test it with a live wire.

STEVEN878

Checked The Fuel Pump On The Car It Seems To Be Working Because I Have Loads Of Fuel Coming Pouring Out The Gasket At The Turbo Of The Exhaust Manifold. Anyone Had This Problem Or Got Any Idea What It Is? Got A Few Ideas Like No Spark I.e Coil, Injectors Sticking Open, Pwm Control Module Stuck Open Or Timing Jumped. Any Help Would Be Much Appreciated.

KF79GTIR

EVOBAD said:
if not fuel pump might be coil pack

That would be my guess aswell i had the same thing happen to me only yesterday in my pug 307. The car would tick over but had no power and a good smell of peterol coming from the exaust the funny thing is about an hour later it was fine.

Kev.

P

pulsarboby

STEVEN878 said:
Checked The Fuel Pump On The Car It Seems To Be Working Because I Have Loads Of Fuel Coming Pouring Out The Gasket At The Turbo Of The Exhaust Manifold.
:shock: that aint right! what do you mean?

take a plug out and crank engine whilst holding lead with an insulated pair of pliers (put plug in lead end and hold it to earth to see if spark jumps)
if not then theres your problem
ie, faulty ignition module, faulty coil, faulty dizzy cap/rotor arm, faulty ht king lead or distributor itself!
if you have a spark and plugs are dry and not wet after cranking then its obviously a fuel problem.
before checking any of above check all connections and multiplugs (especially around ecu) if youve been doing any work around there as you may have disturbed something pulled a wire etc;-)