No pulsars on track...why?

P

philevo6

Just wondering why you dont see any pulsars doing trackdays or rallies.

Seems a shame because its a great little car.

Ive been to loads of trackdays to watch and took part in a fair few with my evo,but never ever seen a gti-r:cry:

Same with rallying.

Is it because....

A..costs too much
B..afraid to break anything
C..too rare,not many on the roads
D..too busy modding them
E..you cant drive:lol:

If most of the answer is D then whats the point modding them if you aint gonna use them properly for what they should be.I wish id tracked my old gti-r but didnt know trackdays existed back then!!

BTW...this aint a wind up peeps....id just like to know the reasons from the owners,thats all.....as id love to see some R's on track.8)

P

Pete

what about F to busy meeting up at macdonalds with the saxo girls and boys

S

Stoned

Oh I don't know. I saw lots on track at Trax 2005 including my own. It was great fun :)

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
philevo6 said:
Just wondering why you dont see any pulsars doing trackdays or rallies.
G no interest
H not enough money to compete seriously with the big boys who have sponsers.
I You're not looking hard enough;-)

There ain't alot of Gtir owners have big money behind them, hence we do most of the stuff ourselves on a limited budget. You can't do that and stay competetive in motorsport. Therefore not a great deal of Gtirs competing out there.

ex-gtir

also evos and pulsar are shit track cars unless wet lol
better for sprinting or for rally as they were meant

A

a11ova

run mine down the pod and round donny often enough. know of few others too

rossdj1983

rather stick my cash into a westfeild or such like, love my r but i ant to sure about it on a race track

P

pulsarboby

watch this space buddy;-) you'll be seeing one in the not too distant future, that should really be a flyer in barc pro modified class
im aiming to seriously try and kick some big boy butt on a rather tight budget lol

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
I’ve taken my pulsar out on the track and it was a real pleasure to drive, spent most of the day sorting out the suspension settings but over all it was a great day. :-D

There is that point that we don’t see many GTiR’s out on the track, but I think that makes it more special. I found that people would come over and talk to me about my car and want to learn more about it rather than saying “oh look another Scooby or Evo” :doh:

Perhaps its being there at the right time? I’ve got more track days planned for my car, as its not that expensive to participate in a track day, I think its more expensive when you finish as have to repair all the niggly bits that have been battered on the track all day (not to mention a new gearbox) :cry:

As for handling I find it fine, its one area that never going to be perfect, but that makes it all the more exciting.

As Fastguy said it cost money to compete in motorsport, some people just don’t want to fork out for it or don’t have the money - shame really!

O

Odin

I track mine when I can afford it and really enjoy it, I don't mind that it's not the best handling car out their because I'm just out they to have fun and not to race, I also take it down the 1/4 mile as often as I can.....

I've had a few problems with getting all my new mods to work properly over the last couple of years and the engine let go a few weeks ago, So its off the road again for 6 months lol...

Rob

MarkTurbo

philevo6 said:
whats the point modding them if you aint gonna use them properly for what they should be
Exactly :thumbsup: I've done quite a few track sessions at castle combe in mine and it gets used for autotests with the local motor club too (when its on the road :oops: ) The autotests are either on a local airfield or round a farmers field :lol: I'm just sorting mine out at the moment ready for next year, i'm planning on doing some hillclimb events at wiscombe and some of the local sprints 8)

Last time i went to wiscombe there was 3 gti-rs running so there are people about using them properly ;-)

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v91/MarkTurbo/?action=view&current=MOV03051.flv

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v91/MarkTurbo/?action=view&current=MOV03081.flv

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v91/MarkTurbo/?action=view&current=MOV03094.flv

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v91/MarkTurbo/?action=view&current=MOV03106.flv

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v91/MarkTurbo/?action=view&current=MOV03093.flv

P

philevo6

:thumbsup: cool.

As to evo's and pulsars being crap round a track as mentioned,then :der:

My evo will eat most things round a circuit....ok radical and atoms etc aside.

But 911's,m3,subaru's (most common trackday cars) not a problem.

Im sure the gti-r is more than capable on a track...say oulton park or donnington.

NISR227

I think B - "afraid to brake anything", certainly if your paying for labour etc, becuase its an old car now. As long as you have a few grand aside just in case then trackdays can be a good way to enjoy the car, something I want to get involved in more.

Anyone seen the vid of the R32GTR v GTi-R (both std) many years ago around the Tsukuba? The Skyline, the R32 being the best of its breed at the time, beat it by exactly 2 seconds but the R still looked damn good fun to drive. Bearing in mind it had puny 14s, 1pot brakes and 80bhp down, it shows it could have potential if tuned and setup right.

kenan

South West Regional Rep
MarkTurbo said:
The autotests are either on a local airfield or round a farmers field :lol: I'm just sorting mine out at the moment ready for next year, i'm planning on doing some hillclimb events at wiscombe and some of the local sprints 8)
Give ma a shout if you do as I live 3 miles from wiscombe :)

Reason I'm changing to a Pulsar is to do more track days as things are cheaper.

bracpan

Been Sprinting and Hillclimbing mine for over 2 years, have a look in the Motorspots section.
Cheers
Phil

Sam_M

NISR227 said:
I think B - "afraid to brake anything", certainly if your paying for labour etc, becuase its an old car now. As long as you have a few grand aside just in case then trackdays can be a good way to enjoy the car, something I want to get involved in more.

Anyone seen the vid of the R32GTR v GTi-R (both std) many years ago around the Tsukuba? The Skyline, the R32 being the best of its breed at the time, beat it by exactly 2 seconds but the R still looked damn good fun to drive. Bearing in mind it had puny 14s, 1pot brakes and 80bhp down, it shows it could have potential if tuned and setup right.

is this the one, I was never sure of the specs of the cars..

www.pmtrackdays.co.uk/GTRandGTIR.wmv