no power

vmax85

hey guys.

my pulsar has started to produce no power. on cold start it runs fine through the whole revrange. if it comes to an operating temp of 70 deg oil or water it will reduce ignition on load to zero. it feels like it hold back and the consult says it runs sometimes lean.

car is standard apart from now a walbro incl direct feed from bat, turboknee back exh in 3 and 2,5" fmic.

the spurkplugs are white. gap is at 0.7. 8grade ngks new before 2k km.

ive changed the fuel filter before a month and had a short run on 10% e85 over a full tank of roz 100 once.at this time a jdm original ecu was fitted.

ive changed the stock fuel pump for a walbro with direct feed. ive changed the afm cause ive had a fault in the ecu. ive fitted a eudm ecu with a daughterboard with 4 mapsmand run the standard map.

car runs as said on warm up as it should run. has a lot of torque and power. sometimeswhennengine is warm it runs fine and had good power but most of the time it hold back and reduces ignition. on much forums it says it could be the det sensor, ive ordered one this weekmand will change that too. but i cant imagine why my carmismrunning that lean like it do.

could the run on e 85 (as i said only 8 litres overma full tank of roz 100 vpower) have caused damage to the fuel'filter, fpr, or a injector itself?

ive ordered now 560 evo injectors a z32 afm and a det sensor to run the chipped ecu. but i have no idea where to search for this problem.

ive used the search on here, the modifiers and both sr20forums.

has anyone an idea?

car is standard apart from exh. fmic, walbro with direct feed. it has now original 78k kms on the clock new sparkplugs, fuel filter etc. std boost.

thanks in advance for every answer.

im sorry for my bad english.

cheers

Mad

Hi,

You said your map is for a standard car but you have added bigger exhaust and fmic which may be the reason for your running lean as the car is producing more power and the knock sensor is seeing this and telling the ecu to bring the power down.

You also say the car has no power loss when cold. I think this may be because your ecu is reporting the engine is not upto temperature and adding more fuel in.

Personally, I only give my cars full throttle when the engine is upto temperature.

vmax85

thanks for your reply. yes car has a bigger exhaust but is running stock boost. the reason why the car ismrunning good on warm up is because it runs with a fixed ignition table. there is no change like it is at operating temp. also when it has 70 degree of oil temp it will give a good amountof power but then it sucks.

i dont give full throttle to it before oiltemp is at 70 degrees but you can recognise the loss of power only at half throttle. car is not as responsive as it can be. like i said you think the car is holding back. on the conzult you see that the ecu is reducing the ignition from about 15 degree on 2700rpm to 10 and then to 1 or 0 degree. but only if it comes on boost! off boost car runs as it should.

i dont think thst the fmic and exh will cause to run lean as hell. it wont raise boost that much. btw, i had this problem with the standard icmas well.

Mad

Buy The software for the ecu board and take it to a decent mapper, ideally one with the software already. If they can't Resolve the problem by mapping then they should be able to diagnose the problem.

I don't like the idea of buying a preset map for a car, especially on a 20 year old Datsun where the technology and build quality is not as good as in today's standards.