No gtirs on pistonheads

Fire & skill

Vintage member
The Dolly sprint engine was way ahead of its time, won a few of awards and im sure it was even detuned for the road. Just shows you what we were capable of back then. Always loved them and nearly bought one last year, they are getting very pricey now. I was offered an SE model last year for £800, was a one owner car but needed a bit of tidying. I still want one but im holding out for a Hillman Imp!!

warpspeed

Wasn't that the Jensen Healey?
Good shout on the Dolly btw, great car and one whose reputation should be more widely known than it is.
Just looked into it and apparently the Bentley 3ltr in 1919 had a 16v 4cyl and was considered a production car...

warpspeed

We have a TR7 convertable being restored with sprint engine, tubular manifold, bilsteins,4pots etc should be for sale soon....;)

Born Again

Just looked into it and apparently the Bentley 3ltr in 1919 had a 16v 4cyl and was considered a production car...
It's getting off topic a little, but I think it's stretching the term "production" to cover a car that left the factory as a rolling chassis, i.e. an incomplete vehicle.....and to be pedantic the first car wasn't produced until 1921, not 1919.
Anyhoo, I should've said mass production in the first place as that's what I thought we were discussing.

Born Again

Dagnabit, you're right! lol

The damn Jensen was a dooble cammy.
Do'h.

Then again, I call it a joint victory. First proddy 16v was the Jensen, first proddy 16v with a single cam was your dolly.
/pride restored, lol.

Last edited: