no 1st,2nd, then 4th ?

LOU ROB

Stopped outside my garage door this evening, got out of the car to open the door, all of a sudden I couldn't get the car in to 1st or 2nd gear :?
I found reverse so decided i'll take the car for a spin. Pulled away in 3rd gear went about 2 miles down the road then the fucking think was stuck in 3rd :evil:
Managed to get the car back home, yanked the stick out of 3rd, then hey presto, all the gears can be selected again :? :)
What could have caused this, because the car was fine for the 100 miles I'd just driven ?
Help please because I wan't it sorted, because I don't want to miss the shootout on monday.

Any ideas :idea:

Keira

may be the selector rod linkage loose or something, would have to look under the car, this would be best case scenerio.

worse case scenerio is its doing exactly what mine did and is going to give up on you anytime soon :( still not sure what went as the box hasn't been taken apart yet, just taken off, swapped then left in my pile-o-shite.

be warned, i was told not to drive it but i didn't listen and got stuck outside a chip shop with no gears for an hour waiting for my mate to finish his dinner :roll: and come toe me home :lol:

LOU ROB

Thanks mate, just took the car out again this morning and the gearbox feels sweet as has always been :? :D
I'll take a chance, if it breaks at the shootout, it will give me an excuse to get a dog-box :lol:

Keira

LOU ROB said:
Thanks mate, just took the car out again this morning and the gearbox feels sweet as has always been :? :D
sounds exactly mine, never had any probs at all, then started playing up when trying to get reverse, was like it for a couple of weeks, then blew 5th, no warning, no noise just lost 5th, then lost the lot :(

LOU ROB

I'm gonna drop the oil from the box and see if there is any metal floatig around in the oil. I'm thinking maybe there is something floating arond and jammed the selectors. Or it could have been a spring stuck and would let me select 1st and 2nd :?

I'll have a better idea once i've changed the oil :wink:

O

Odin

Sounds to me like you will be needing your cheque book again soon fella :cry: :lol: :lol: .

rob

O

Odin

Sounds to me like you will be needing your cheque book again soon fella :cry: :lol: :lol: .

rob

Keira

LOU ROB said:
I'm gonna drop the oil from the box
not a single piece of anything that might've broken fell out of mine when we took it off so dont assume that if nothing falls out it was just one of those things :(

O

Odin

LOU ROB said:
vpulsar said:

rob
What are tou telling me twice for :?:
Are you trying to rub it in :cry: :cry:

I wouldn't do that to you fella :oops: .

Oh wait a minute yes I would :twisted: :wink: :shock:

rob

coxie

:lol: ive got a fully rebuilt unused quaife box here if you want it.

only joking matey i do have a quaife but you cant have it.... :D good luck at the performance day on monday though :shock:

LOU ROB

:cry: Now i've got more problems.............

My twating starter motor is shagged, the B A S T A R D :evil: :evil:

I'm gonna try and sort that tomorrow as well :shock:

I'm not gonna miss the shootout even if I have to push the fucker there :roll: :lol:

antgtir

LOU ROB said:
RishiGTiR said:
How'd you get on..?
Gear box blew to smitherines this morning so dp sorted + fitted a new one. The car is now up and running ready for monday 8) .
Jesus thats quick lol, you must be a valued customer. :shock: :D

Not being biast how do you rate DP's work?

Glad you sorted it, goodluck at the shootout :D

Ant.