nismo dogbox

P

pulsarboby

ive got a problem, amongst many others:lol: :doh:

ive been offered a nismo dogbox at what seems like a fair price.
but prob is, what exactly is a nismo dogbox? is it like a quaiffe gearset but with straight cut gearing?
are they better than quaiffe for track use and are they better than ppg? bearing in mind that my options are really ltd to either a new quaiffe set that i will install or this dogbox!

when i remove my engine again i may as well go the whole hog this time and put a proper box in that can handle really high power!

you all know what im planning for the car, so whats gonna be best for me to get

fire away chaps

Keira

if its off that car that matey put deisel in ask for some pics of it with the casing off to confirm its actually a dogbox..

gtirx2

Did nismo make a dogbox?also if its the one off the R weasel is on about it a close ratio box and tops out at around 130ish if i remember right.

P

pulsarboby

nope this cars along way away, dont know nothing about diesel

marcymarc

godzilr said:
i'd be trying to find out if Nismo actually made a gearset for the R

:der::der:

Of course they made a nismo gearbox...it was a very expensive extra from new, although they could still be bought well after gtir production ceased, think they stopped making them in 2001 or something like that.

I have read in the past that they weren’t really that good, i think they suffered to cope with 300+bhp to be honest

They haven’t got a patch on the quaife etc, I wouldn’t even bother unless it was very cheap....and even if it was cheap there’s no chance it could handle the kind of power your wanting to run through it anyway Boby.

To be truthful I doubt it’s even a nismo box.

Last edited by a moderator:

godzilr

marcymarc said:
it was a very expensive extra from new
:der: :der: :der:

have you got a nismo brochure showing this? just like all the other nismo extras available from new for the GTiR?

i'd love to see that

marcymarc

godzilr said:
:der: :der: :der:

have you got a nismo brochure showing this? just like all the other nismo extras available from new for the GTiR?

i'd love to see that

I cant wait till the rest of the guys come on here you fool , are you stupid??

Go to the gallery and theres the full nismo brochure there you donkey :lol:

A full nismo car was available, never mind a sh1tty nismo gear box.

Why challenge something you clearly know nothing about :der:

I have been collecting and researching the history of the gtir for years mate , please dont defy the wise master :lol::lol::lol:

Some people :lol:

godzilr

so where is the nismo box in the brochure donkey boy? i see all the other parts, but no gearbox

or should i be calling you wise master? since you know all about it?

still like to be proven there was a nismo box, i don't believe there was

not arguing anything else!

unless you're confusing the RB box (close ratio) and calling it a nismo box?

marcymarc

godzilr said:
so where is the nismo box in the brochure donkey boy? i see all the other parts, but no gearbox

or should i be calling you wise master? since you know all about it?

still like to be proven there was a nismo box, i don't believe there was

not arguing anything else!

unless you're confusing the RB box (close ratio) and calling it a nismo box?
Mate,firstly can i just confirm 2 things before i go to town on you ,are you trying to say that nismo never even made a gearbox for the gtir and also are you trying to say that the gtir nismo (full car) never had the nismo box?

ps: which brochure are you looking at?

godzilr

when nismo built a GTiR and fitted it out with all their parts, all listed in their brochure (with all part numbers in the rear of the brochure)...you would have thought the gearbox would be listed there as one of the parts, if it did have the gearbox/gearset fitted?

does anyone have any other brochures not shown in the above gallery, which shows it having a nismo gearbox/gearset available as an optional extra?

marcymarc

The rally mission nismo box is what it was called i think?

Thats the full car there for anyone who hasnt seen , this isnt in the gallery

Last edited:

Keira

as much fun as you 2 girls are having arguing the toss over something that isn't worth worrying about there is absolutely no point buying a gearbox, (dog box or other wise) that you wont be able to get parts for if anything breaks or gets worn through use.

By their very design the dogs will wear and eventually not engage properly and you'd be left with a pile of worthless scrap cogs if you cant get the parts replaced.

P

pulsarboby

ok kieron so you reckon leave well alone i take it???

this is what i want not two girls fighting over whether it exists or not:roll: it does exist, so thats the end of arguement!

by the way marcy i did check for a wheel bracket thingy and i only have the actual bolt, but the bracket thing is nothing more than a flat piece of metal with a hole in the middle, which you could make in 2 minutes, so if you need it let me know. just call it a fiver to coveer postage and pp and its yours;-)

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
NISMO made a Helical Syncro Box. Was about £3000 built from the UK supplier. Apparently rated to 550bhp. Short Ratio.

But as the Weasel says there is no point when you can't get replacement parts anymore, well not so easily anyway.

Never heard of a NISMO Dog Box. Only dog boxes available back when the NISMO Box was around was the Xtrac 6-speed Sequential that the NME cars used and the GReddy/Quaife Kits..

Rishi

Keira

well i've spilled my beans least 4 times whilst reading this thread :lol:

bob, i wouldn't bother personally as if anything ever did break, due to its own faliure or a nissan part failing and taking it out you'd be stuck with a worthless pile of shite

stumo

but he's already got a worthless pile-o-shyte, adding more to it won't make it any worse.