NISMO center LSD

ducie54

Not keen in engaging in some price gouging then? ;-) - Seems quite a hot topic on GTiROZ lately, but the reality is that if you've got something that other people want they'll need to make it worth your while to sell it.

Imo these are priceless, just like some other bits I've found over the years.

I am currently in touch with 3 manufacturers. Asking for approx quotes on this kind of diff.
Ideally with a Nismo unito on hands it will save a lot of money , but I bet anyone is willing to have the diff disassembled and checked, so full development is needed.
I will start a new thread next week, once I will know more.

dencon

My car sits on the two post hoist when waiting for next event to keep weight of slick tyres. Will lower it down on 3 no 6" concrete blocks with handbrake on and see what I have. always keen to know.
Dropped my car down on three 6" blocks with handbrake on, but unable to turn wheel. Will get help on Sat and try both front wheels in unison, with rear on blocks.

red reading

It's a 50/50 bias unit, you can't make it any differant unless you use a ferguson coupling like is used in the evo 2 intergrale for Tarmac , and that still uses a viscous (silicon filled sealed unit) fluid like the stock gtir not a preloaded clutch pack running in gearbox oil.

red reading

Depends on driving style, I really rate it as it makes the car more predictable when on the throttle and sliding than the stock unit.

have opened it and looks like new, but one of the screws has been replaced so I bet it has been opened and inspected, so the question is...has it been assembled back in the right way?
There are 2 cone washers, just after all the discs. they were put all in the same direction, so the question is, how to be sure that is the way they have to go?

I will send it to a local manufacturer to 3D scan it and make replicas if there is enough interest, if not it is going in my gti-r