NISMO center LSD

The Doc

Moderators
Staff member
Proper non viscous type LSD , I am not kidding but try CMNG on the modifiers forum he is in Thailand and has found a few.

red reading

I know of two in the uk...mine, there is cmng in Thailand and maybe worth trying gtir oz too I believe there is a fella called reg cook in aus that has nismo bits.

dencon

How can I tell what my centre diff is without stripping?. I am using all mechanicals from my Nismo number 10 car.

red reading

Cheats way is to jack the front of the car up get someone to hold one wheel and you turn the other, if it turns slowly with a fluid like resistance that in creases gradually then is a viscous diff, if it is a pig to turn and snatches tight it's a plate type nismo.

need to add if your car has a LSD front diff fitted you need to turn both front wheels in unison with the rear on the ground and the hand brake on, if no front LSD then just turn one wheel.

Last edited:

The Doc

Moderators
Staff member
Register and they will accept you, it just takes time...you have to post up first of all who you are and what your car is, once they see what you have built they will let you in.

splmum

I know of two in the uk...mine, there is cmng in Thailand and maybe worth trying gtir oz too I believe there is a fella called reg cook in aus that has nismo bits.
ooh, ooh, reg cook, he is a bloody kiwi. Not on gtir-oz. try and get somebody from New Zealand to get you contacts.

there has been a fair amount of bad publicity over the years about him.

Have never dealt with him just what I have read.

Last edited:

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I was going to say that Reg Cook is a Kiwi too. - Modifiers maybe; they've got a NZ section?

dencon

Cheats way is to jack the front of the car up get someone to hold one wheel and you turn the other, if it turns slowly with a fluid like resistance that in creases gradually then is a viscous diff, if it is a pig to turn and snatches tight it's a plate type nismo.

need to add if your car has a LSD front diff fitted you need to turn both front wheels in unison with the rear on the ground and the hand brake on, if no front LSD then just turn one wheel.
My car sits on the two post hoist when waiting for next event to keep weight of slick tyres. Will lower it down on 3 no 6" concrete blocks with handbrake on and see what I have. always keen to know.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Not keen in engaging in some price gouging then? ;-) - Seems quite a hot topic on GTiROZ lately, but the reality is that if you've got something that other people want they'll need to make it worth your while to sell it.

Well , I think that a lot of of us would love a center disc style lsd.
We have been in touch with Modena Engineering for this,but it has been a while and I don't think this will ever happen.
Modena is very busy and they are having huge business with racing team so cheap gtir guys are not the ideal customer.
There is a local company here that can build us a center LSD.
They are well respected in Italy and only doing gearsets and LSD for racing cars.
The name of the company is Bacci trasmissioni.
They could work on a design from scratch, or if someone could borrow a Nismo unit,they can copy it straight away.
They have a 3 D scanner,and full equipment to machine gears case etc.
I have been chatting with them about this and it is very possible.
Do not have a price yet.
Going to send them my center diff next week and go from there.
The question is,how many owners would love a diff?