Nice Trip to Fusion Motorsport

shroom

Well I made the trip down to see Ed and get the Pulsar remapped as it had been done back in 2009 by the previous owner to 364bhp as shown in my Members R thread. I had noticed that the Pulsar was not as powerful as I had thought it would be and suspected that it would need to be checked over for fuelling etc. but as with all things it takes a long time to get around to doing something with these cars but after a fresh MOT and some money to the lovely government I was on my way down to Fusion.

Had a nice day out traveling down, was good to get the R checked over by Ed who is a top bloke :kiss: and was given the thumbs up ready to get remapped at the Surrey Rolling Road. Was a horrible hot humid day but it was mapped back to the 360.4 HP at around 1.4 bar. The car had lost around 40BHP which was mostly down to changing the air filter :oops:, shows the importance to go and get the car checked over and ensured everything is running smoothly. The car feels fantastic since it has been remapped, not too over the top and wont kill me on the back roads :lol:

shroom

good power m8 iv eventually got round to putiing mine in for a build looking for the same power whats ur spec?
Nice one yours has been a long time coming!

Forged engine
GT2871r
700cc injectors
Z32 maf
And nistune

I have a members R thread with full details etc on here :)

shroom

Nice results, happy with the power? Plans for anymore?
Hi mate, I will see how it goes. I like it how it is really and dont know of the extra power would be worthwhile, I could probably push 400 with the clutch thats in it but tbh im very happy with how it performs and handles on the road which is what it mainly is a sunday fun car :)

shroom

Your peak torque is well up the revs, do you have a big turbo?
Not that big only a 2871,

Kicks in later than it did on the previous map, changed from a hks filter thats the only change. Dont really notice it at present so its horses for corses :)

whytie

Glad your happy with it, similar spec to mine although I'm pushing for 400.

when a car is running sweet sometimes it's best leaving it as it is. I have an other R the now with teins,hispecs,toyos running 1.2 all day and I love it. Makes me wonder why I spend a fortune for few more bhp's.

Last edited:

Stewm6204

im looking to have the same set up got forge internals, got the roller turbo too, in middle of getting 700cc's and sending my ecu too ed for nistune next week also got hks cam's, avcr, safc, apexi filter, hispecs, forge frontmount :thumb: so hopefully will be around that power? urs is looking sweet tho what wheels r they?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I've got the same turbo as you and a low compression engine, so I'm surprised. I don't make quite as much power as you up top (only 339) but make as much torque.

red reading

It was a very hot day when toms car was mapped and hence it behaves the way it does, ( hot ,thin air will do strange things to a power curve)

shroom

Steals power and increases lag, evil stuff.
Yes it was very hot and humid really not ideal, Ed did say it would make slighly more boost out in the real air and with temps down the car is an animal I shit my pants so thats good enough for me. 400 is a majoc number in my head top but tbh I have grown up a bit and wont be chacing bhp for a while :)