Nice to be behind the wheel of my R

shroom

Just had a nice evening having a blast in the old girl (my H reg R), must say after all this time it doesnt half shift, seems like an animal and its only running stock boost with standard t28. Seems like the cams have helped as the pull is great, almost makes me wonder why I bothered chasing ponies :der:

MarkTurbo

almost makes me wonder why I bothered chasing ponies :der:
I think we all wonder that at some point or another :lol:

If i hadn't started racing mine i would probably get much more enjoyment out of it and my bank balance would look a lot healthier too :doh:

shroom

I think we all wonder that at some point or another :lol:

If i hadn't started racing mine i would probably get much more enjoyment out of it and my bank balance would look a lot healthier too :doh:
I hear you, wish I never bothered :lol: oh well nothing wrong with more power I'm sure I will get bored!

MarkTurbo

I taxed my Sunny on Thursday after getting it mot'd earlier in the week and tonight was the first chance I've had to take it for a proper drive and it still puts a grin on my face 8) I thought it would seem slow now its only running a standard T28 at 1 bar instead of a 3071 at 1.7 bar but it actually felt quite quick, probably because i haven't driven it for months :lol:

Just need to get used to the tyres now as i'm running on normal road tyres and not R888's!

red reading

Turn the boost up! Bloody 1bar mongs.....lol. With the amount of air your car will flow I bet that turbo is flat out at 1 bar!

MarkTurbo

With the amount of air your car will flow I bet that turbo is flat out at 1 bar!
You're not far off there :lol: On my 3071 with you the dawes device wide open it would hit 1.9 bar, can't get more than 1.2 on the T28!

It drives nice though but doesn't spool as soon as I thought it would.