Nice gtir

red reading

there is the video on youtube of when he went airbourne and smashes the white car up ....big smash. I found out where and who the guy is and he has an interesting history with the gtir, and the green car is very very trick, i suspect the vid's are of the first shakedown runs as it is the end of the season.

STU666V

Looks a very nice car, tempted to make my car fully Modified as i only does 50 mile or so on the road a year, not worth paying tax, insurance and MOT etc
I am in the modified class already and it has a log book.

What kind of gearbox is he running? i want one ;-)

HotSnot92

Southeren Ireland Regional Rep
im friends with him on facebook he said the car is running 470 bhp he told me the name of the gearbox but i forget :doh: he seems like a nice bloke

but he still copied the look off my car :lol:

red reading

just start saving stu, i have 1st to 4 th which i'll do for alot lot less than the £5400 ppg want with either a standard 5th or a brace. and if you get an ignition kill kit i can show you what to get made for a flat shift on the dog box.

Your looking at quaife money

STU666V

just start saving stu, i have 1st to 4 th which i'll do for alot lot less than the £5400 ppg want with either a standard 5th or a brace. and if you get an ignition kill kit i can show you what to get made for a flat shift on the dog box.

Your looking at quaife money
MM :)
Wife would kill me!! you take 2 standard boxes as px :)
I could take a year out next year from racing and save for the box? and go to town on my car?

red reading

just don't tell the wife, You'll sell standard boxes easy as they are getting rare now, well good condition working ones. or i can take px on them too.

STU666V

Ok cheers,

Will have a think about it?
We have an other child coming in Dec and the wifes not working so it takes longer to save now.
Would a dog box be best for me? Do about 60 - 80 mile a year. 90% on sprints and hills.

red reading

Dog box is best for racing full stop stu , faster gearchange, no syncros to break, stronger internals, and you can crash to 1st with out fucking the box at 30mph for slow corners. 90 miles a year............you do less than me!lol

STU666V

Dog box is best for racing full stop stu , faster gearchange, no syncros to break, stronger internals, and you can crash to 1st with out fucking the box at 30mph for slow corners. 90 miles a year............you do less than me!lol
Ok cheers,
Think last year i did 65 miles ;-) hard miles!!
What would be best for 5th gear? never use it on track, only on the road. is the brace better? does it make it stronger?

red reading

Ps if you want to make them ridiculoseley strong just fit a s/c ppg final drive (which can be made in lower ratio at request)...........but the final alone is £1200.

ppg stuff is good but expensive, if you add my box up (which is syncro s/c) its £5400 for 1st -4th, £500 for 5th, £400 for billet syncro hubs, £400 for billet selectors, £1200 for the final drive, plus cryo the cases,new bearings and building it, and then duty on import.

for what i am offering is the best compromise for your use.

red reading

the brace is to stop the shafts seperating and breaking the end case on launch, version 2 is in process to allow you to keep 5th. and the standard 5th is fine for road use as long as you go easy on it

STU666V

Holly molly! Would be scared to drive it incase it broke! Thats about 8K

Ok Thank you very much for the info etc

It's on my santa list ;-)