New Nismo Pulsar news

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Pistonheads is blocked at work, so I'll have to take a look when I get home.

I wonder if that twin exit exhaust will fit the holes in my bumper; my current one is starting to get holes in it.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I think they hit the nail on the head; Nissan has form. - Yes they've made some boring cars over the years, but every now and then it's like they go bonkers and create a monster for no particular reason.

I don't think they're going to make an AWD version, but I suspect there'll be a trick front diff and some tuning potential in the Nismo models.

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Agreed, Nissan has made some pretty boring crap in the past and now the market is recovering perhaps they are more willing to make sports cars?

Nissan still keeping with the 1.6 turbo flock, is it only Honda that are staying with the K20 (2.0ltr) and pretty much turboing it???

Glad they've not used the vent from the GTiR as a production version, it would be nice to keep that to our period/exclusivity.

On an interesting point, a few people that knows I have a "pulsar" have mentioned they've seen the new picture of the "new pulsar". Nothing negative, but perhaps the name coming back might push a little acknowledgement/exposure our way?

KieranEG6

Nissan still keeping with the 1.6 turbo flock, is it only Honda that are staying with the K20 (2.0ltr) and pretty much turboing it???

On an interesting point, a few people that knows I have a "pulsar" have mentioned they've seen the new picture of the "new pulsar". Nothing negative, but perhaps the name coming back might push a little acknowledgement/exposure our way?
Not quite, Honda have developed a complete new range of turbo engine's. Don't think the K series are linked. The New civic was initially going to house a 1.6 turbo they have been running in the touring cars but think after making such bold claims of Nurbring records and fasted FWD for years to come they realised they would struggle with the little 1.6t and keep it up to honda reliability standards for the years of abuse honda owners are used to giving.

I also have noticed a new livened interest from people who have just found out about the New Pulsar revival. Think it has given a kind of reputation reboot for the almighty original mini godzilla. Has brought the old GtiR back into the spotlight a bit.

I found it quite shocking, this week we had a new apprentice start working with us (Mechanic). He has already been in trade 3 years, must be at least 20 yet he has never even heard of a Pulsar?!?!. Didnt even know what a nissan sunny looked like!. Such sheltered youthed people these days.

Think the Pulsar revival is well overdue even if its only purposeful gain is that its a flop and just reminds people how great the original was hahaha

Richard_Sideways

This was SniffPetrols take...

Nissan showed off their Pulsar Nismo which is a standard Pulsar ‘taken to the extreme’. As such, the dashboard features an extra seven shades of grey whilst the engine produces ‘over 134 horsepower’.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
If that's all the SniffPetrol could find to criticise, it's practically an endorsement from them.

lakeview

well if they got clarkson and the other tossers from top gear involved nissan may as well just scrap the project unless theyve given them a huge back hander to stop being the ****s they normaly are