New leads

Sonnygtir

Where is the best place to get a new set of leads from? I'm in no rush so any mail order on here will do. And which ones are best?

:D Ta

turblio

Nissan dont even think of anything else, ask Brett G I cured his R by removing some flash aftermarket leads :roll:
Frank

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
I wouldn't call the magnecors flash aftermarket, more motorsport quality. I was advised by another member who'd fitted them as I was originally cynical about non OE leads after similar bad past experiences on other cars.

If in doubt, go for OE as the Nissan are good quality..... but technically the magnecor 8mm and 8.5mm are of similar quality utilising OE connectors with better specification leads. My 8mm were £65 inc p&p I don't agree that you shouldn't have decent leads unless you're over 400bhp. Emphasis is on decent though.

Jim

turblio

ok after market leads then, think you will find most people have more probs with the former than nissan ones, not going to get all technical but
if you are using the standard ignition set up as supplied by nissan they are proven and matched, but hey you fit what you like :wink:

O

Odin

I'v had magnecor lead's fitted for year's and never had a problem with them at all, But the same can be said for the nissan leads also :wink: .

rob

O

Odin

turblio said:
Cant be bothered to effin argue

What's there to argue about Frank :? :roll: , I think you should put your glasses on and read my post again matey :wink: :lol: .

rob

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
campbellju said:
I don't agree that you shouldn't have decent leads unless you're over 400bhp. Emphasis is on decent though.

Jim
That's not what I said :wink:

Nissan leads are supposed to be good to 400bhp at least, so you don't need to uprate them before that. There's nothing to stop you spending more money and uprating them if you want to, but it's abit like uprating your clutch to run standard power, it's abit of a waste of money. :)

R

robinsongtir

don't bother with aftermarket ones I am not doing and gonna run a lot more than 400bhp the std ones are okay why bother changing them ??

P

PaddyPower

how much are the nissan ones and do you have the part number?