New Gtir Model 2008

i was watching fifth gear 10 min ago and they were slagging off the nissan badge, then something put a smile on my face.
nissan is realeasing a NEW model of the GTIR
spec was told :-
450 horses standard
7 speed sequential box
4 wheel drive
thats all he would tell me.

how cool is that !!!!!!!!!!

P

Pete

there talking about the skyline arnt they carnt see nissan doing a brand new sunny gtir :shock: :shock:

warringtonjack

sunnyjones003 said:
i was watching fifth gear 10 min ago and they were slagging off the nissan badge, then something put a smile on my face.
nissan is realeasing a NEW model of the GTIR
spec was told :-
450 horses standard
7 speed sequential box
4 wheel drive
thats all he would tell me.

how cool is that !!!!!!!!!!
You've spent too many hours driving around with the 'goose blaring in your lughole. He defo said gtr, not gtir. :thumbsup:

maz

yeah as if nissan would want to release another shanner :p thats not good for the public image!

scottyd

Don't know about top/fifth gear as i never seen it, but nissan were apparently bringing out a car that could be seen as the new gti-r, but to my knowledge it was not turbocharged or 4wd, i think they wanted to make it to contend with the likes of the civic type r, it looked very nice. I can't find the tech specs, but im sure it was a 4 cylinder 2 or 2.5 litre n/a engine and front wheel drive, and produced around 200bhp.

http://www.seriouswheels.com/cars/top-2005-Nissan-Sport-Concept.htm

Last edited:

marcymarc

scottyd said:
Don't know about top/fifth gear as i never seen it, but nissan were apparently bringing out a car that could be seen as the new gti-r, but to my knowledge it was not turbocharged or 4wd, i think they wanted to make it to contend with the likes of the civic type r, it looked very nice. I can't find the tech specs, but im sure it was a 4 cylinder 2 or 2.5 litre n/a engine and front wheel drive, and produced around 200bhp.

http://www.seriouswheels.com/cars/top-2005-Nissan-Sport-Concept.htm
Remember seeing this, looks amazing.

scottyd

On thinking about it, i hope they don't bring a new gti-r out, because the gti-r is pretty much in a league of its own, the only car like it is the mazda 1.8 gtr thing or whatever, it is an exclusive car the gti-r and i want to keep it that way.

PaulB

A friend of mine works at nissan, and there was a project type thing ages ago, they had just about built a prototype Almera GTiR, or Micra, but as Nissan have no balls it didnt get released. They dont even make the almera or primera anymore, shows how $hit they were.

There just into the big 4x4`s now !

youngsyp

scottyd said:
nissan were apparently bringing out a car that could be seen as the new gti-r, but to my knowledge it was not turbocharged or 4wd, i think they wanted to make it to contend with the likes of the civic type r, it looked very nice.
Why would they do that ?! They have the Clio 197 to compete with the Civic Type R ! ;-)

youngsyp

marcymarc said:
thats what i ment :lol:
:lol:

Not that there's anything wrong with Renault engines. They have good power output (see the Clio 197, Megane 230 and Nissan 350Z), good economy and last forever too.
With Renault's current range of cars, they have the excitement factor Nissan lost years ago too, albeit for the 350Z.